Miike to helm remake of "Django"

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Ok, actually says in post production. I know we're all tired of remakes (at least hollywood remakes!). But it is always interesting when Miike's name is involved. You never know which way he's gonna go with it! Sukiyaki Western Django

Just noticed, Quentain Tarantino as "Ringo" :lol

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ninja Sinai

Ive seen the extended trailer for this and I have to say that although bits of it look cool.. the main lead playing Django is a big let down for me.

No way does he have the cool rugged menace as Franco Nero playing the original Django.

This new Django looks more like a teenager who you can easily beat down with a few slaps!

The remake from what ive seen is no comparison to the original classic!

Now wheres that coffin..

:hat

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
I have to say that although bits of it look cool.. the main lead playing Django is a big let down for me.

I totally agree with that. All the actors look like pretty boy Pop stars. Where are the hatchet faced tough as nails characters found in westerns!?

Guest Daisho2004

I'll be looking forward to it, the only thing that I can say right now that will bother me is that I would rather see it spoken in Japanese because if its English Dubbed it will ruin the movie.

When is the release date?

Guest KevinClo
When is the release date?

September 2007 according to the official site.

It was filmed in english so it won't be dubbed.

KC

Guest sea kelp

While I'm extremely excited for this I'm afraid the biggest victim will be the english language :rolleyes

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

I really, really hope the movie is better than the trailer indicates. It doesn't seem like a remake of DJANGO, though. It looks more like YOJIMBO/FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, etc.

The little J-pop munchkins look like pampered weaklings, and the fact that Tarantino is going to venture once more into "acting" by playing a Johnny Oro-type character just makes my heart sink.

Guest pressureworld

I for one won't be running to see it, this looks like a pitiful joke, why Miike? why can't these directors concentrate on making good original films instead of putting out more bullshit pretty boys in a Django film, Franco Nero im so sorry

I read some terrible rumors that the US release was gonna be cut to bits. Something like over 30 min cut, if I remember right. I hope not!

[EDIT]

OK, just learned that the runing time for the R1 release is listed at 98min. And the running time on the international DVD releases was 120min!!! Are you ****ing kidding me!! F*** you First Look entertainment. F*** YOU, F*** YOU, F*** YOU, F*** YOU........................... I would encourage anybody wanting to buy this film to buy as many bootlegs you can find. Or just order any of the other uncut legit intl versions.

I happened to bought the Japanese 3-disc version for a huge chunk of money at Yesasia.com and it was a wonderful movie. Miike is as original as always, full of suprises. The only thing I find annoying is how everybody speaks in somewhat half-ass english and yet there is no subtitles. Things can be hard to get across sometimes.

Yeah that was something I couldn't understand why not have them talk in Japanese, then English Dubbed them after the movie is finished. That is gonna be a major flaw I know I'm gonna have with this movie.

Cujo Jenkens

I thought it was a pretty funny movie,especially when ever the sheriff and the leader of

Heike Red clan was around. i gave the movie an 8.9 out of 10

I bought the R1 malaysia version on hkflix,it's got the full 120 minutes and its only 12 bucks. for those who are interested in getting the full uncut version for a low price,here's a link: http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.546361/qx/details.htm

SlothStyleKungFu

Funny how the orig thread title/report had this flick as a "remake".

I guess it was an okay "Cowboy Bebop" style mishmash of new wave Japanese hipsterism and Spaghetti referencing. The "Engrish" really killed much of the enjoyment for me. They should have really gone old school and shot it without sound and dubbed all the actors. The running time (a typical Miike/Japanese film making complaint) was a little too long, so I'm actually curious if the rumored US cut moves better.

Wow...almost exactly one year since this post was updated LOL

I saw the movie finally last night. Always have been a fan of Miike plus a friend at work saw the film and recommended it.

I have to admit, I liked it. Hideaki Ito was pretty good as the gunman and the various characters, from the Red Leader to the White Leader. Tarantino even kinda made me laugh at the beginning of the film with his telling of the Tale of the Heike.

Not to mention, pretty good shootouts and the end pitting Ito and Yusuke Iseya.

The whole Japanese cast speaking English is just another one of Miike's experiments. There are times when Miike does a project and he has to just add that "ummph" to it. Can't think of any off the top of my head at this time because I'm tired LOL but he tends to do that.

kungfusamurai

I wanted to check this one out. They even had coming soon posters at my local theatre, but the movie never showed up.

KFS

Archived