Favorite Venom's films

nectarsis

^that is #1 for me too, no doubt about that...2&3 are far more difficult to name, there are 4-5 movies I would put into top3 after watching them.

Besides avengers, fav atm are;

51Q1sCuJ8lL._SY445_.jpg

91f024g7CuL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LuFengLover
  1. Flag of Iron - I love the chess game Lu Feng’s character, Cao Fung, sets up as the movie progresses. The smirks this man gives during this performance lets you know he is up to something and he is enjoying the role. He smirks a bit in this film which I enjoy. The mystery of who killed the chief was great and the costumes are gorgeous especially the capes. No one rocks the long Dracula cape like Lu Feng. Favorite cape moment is when the Iron Flag Clan enters the Eagle Hall headquarters and the Clan flips their capes open! Lu is having so much fun in this role. He actually shines more in this film as an actor.

2. Masked Avengers - At first view, I didn’t like this movie, but the more I watch it , I like the action scenes and the costumes the best. I love the mystery storyline again. You can figure out two of the masked leaders pretty early. The trident extravaganza at the end of the movie proves the prowess of Lu’s weaponry skills. Cho Ko and Wong Lik are also excellent and are showing off at the end.  

3. Five Deadly Venoms - The film that started my love of the Venoms. The film ranks high because of its novelty, 5 poisonous/deadly animal spirits and one hybrid to stop them all. Poison Clan rocks the world is the best line ever! This was a brilliant way to introduce the world to fresh faces on the scene. Lu Feng’s hands and feet are lightening fast. They all did an awesome job!

4. Legend of the Fox - A hero role for Lu Feng. I personally believe this role is the one that is closest to Lu’s actual personality as a person. A loving sweet father and husband with a strong moral character. He values in others the same moral character he possesses. Chiang Sheng plays the rare villain brilliantly setting the entire story in motion. Three very strong and smart women who help our heroes wonderfully. If not for these women, there would not have been much of a story. The whole poison storyline is a bit much. But all in all the movie is good because of the character development, storyline and fighting scenes. I rank this high because I like seeing him enjoy his roles and I like to see him as a chivalrous hero.

5. Crippled Avengers -This movie really shows off Chiang Sheng’s acrobatic skills and his fun loving nature. The scenes where he plays with Kuo and the rings is sweet. Chen Kuan Tai also gives a great performance as a hero turned villain due to circumstances. The iron hands still bewilder me a bit. But Lu Feng’s expressions as he is standing in the shadows while his father talks about him as better than any whole bodied man still saddens me a bit. That is a beautiful shot of a beautiful man.

6. Invincible Shaolin - All the Venoms are heroes and Lu Feng flirts! I enjoy an ill fated romance every once in awhile. I enjoy the training scenes of Lo, Kuo and Wei. Lo Meng’s face after having to eat eggs for the umpteenth time is priceless. I think a man from each North and South Shaolin should have escaped.

7. Ten Tigers of Kwantung - I love Lu in a good guy role. All of them as heros is a plus. The cape fu by Kuo and Lu at the end is awesome and the most memorable scene is Kuo and his kicking skills! The younger Venoms did not bother me in this film. Their addition allows the story to be told in an interesting way, looking back to the past to arrive to the present.  It is a change of pace to see Lu without weapons.

8. The Daredevils - Another hero role for Lu. I love the chemistry Lu, Kuo and Chiang have when they are on the screen, whether they are fighting each other or in this case, showing off their opera skills is undeniable. This trio sets the screen on fire for me. They never cease to amaze me in their scenes together. Thrilled to see him live for once.

9. Shaolin Rescuers - Lu Feng’s award winning performance! He uses many weapons in this one including his que (braid). All the guys did well in this film. Lo Meng tripping his boss all the time was funny. Loved when Kuo Chui tricked Lu and his me into the tofu dishes. The action scenes in the restaurant are great. I enjoyed the playfulness between Sun, Kuo and Lo in this one.

10. Two Champions of Shaolin - Another ill fated romance, but this time for Lo Meng. I liked not knowing for sure if Lu Feng was a villain or hero when he first enters the movie. He is so slick befriending our heroes. Unfortunately Lu’s death, although it is imaginative, makes me cringe. I enjoyed the performance of Lu’s 3 monkey servants. Again, another fine performance by the Venom Mob!

Archived