News on Gordon Liu's injury.

MarsHarmony

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Kristy for posting this on facebook.

Many of us had read about Gordon's fall, and now we know why it happened. If he can make it through the shock and depression of such a life altering event, with family support and hard work ahead, he can achieve some recovery and hopefully have many happy years ahead of him. Buddha bless him - and all of us too.

I am still very depressed about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Gordon, and his family I pray this ultimate legend, one of the HUGE reasons I am into fu to begin with has a speedy, and full recovery :)

This is just devestating news. It puts such petty little problems we may have into perspective. I truly hope that Gordon will be able to make a good recovery from this, and is able to still live a full and long life.

is there any updates on gordon liu can somebody please give a update if there is any thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have any updates on Gordon? I really hope he is doing much better now.

Our dear KungFuBob reported in the KFCF on October 1st, 2011 -

"Good news- I just spoke to a gentleman that knows Gordon's daughter and was told that he is doing great, and should be absolutely fine."

Thanks again KungFuBob!

Terrible news, but GL is a great Gung Fu man, and I am sure he has the inner resource to return himself to health.

Godspeed, Gordon!!!

shaolin swords

i dont want to sound like a broken record but i was just wondering how gordon liu doing because from what i know its really hard to come back 100% from a stroke so i was just hoping his doing good any body got any info???

I cannot find anything online regarding his recovery. I am going to email a friend in Singapore and see if he knows anything. I'd like an update as well.

shaolin swords

i just hope his doing good because a stroke is a very serious thing and im not understanding why theres no info on this also my best to gordon lui and his family

i just hope his doing good because a stroke is a very serious thing and im not understanding why theres no info on this also my best to gordon lui and his family

No info as from the get go (maybe in many areas of his private life) he has been FIERCELY private...even not taking ANY visitors (old movie buddies, etc). I'm sure when he improves he will be more public, but I do remember reading this injury REALLY hurt him emotionally/mentally (the whole martial artist is now "helpless", and in a wheelchair deal).

I have full faith he will heal given time *prays to Buddha*

shaolin swords

hope he gets better soon i also have faith that he will get better in do time again my best gos out to him and his family

shaolin swords

if you hear back from your friend with any new news please let us know how gordon liu is thanks

My friend in Singapore responded via email. He said he talked to a friend of his who knows Lau Kar-Fai. He said he's now very much out of public sight. Told him he's not coming out as jokingly he said he's not "handsome" anymore.

Perhaps he doesn't want to tarnish his image. Who knows, perhaps as he continues therapy he will. I sure hope so.

Great idea for the Abbot to come up with a Top 5 for Lau Kar-Fai!! Too bad the Abbot didn't extend it to a Top 20!!

any news on this....i know he mad a few movies...around the time maybe after the time he fell...like man with the iron fist....by rza ..which should come out in theaters the end of this year

shaolin swords

i hope every thing is ok with gordon liu too because stroks are very powerfull can mess up your speach the way you walk and a whole bunch of other things there really hard to come back from just wish gordon liu all the luck and wish him a good recovery

shaolin swords

i read about the update on kung fu cinema forum and its sad to hear what the stroke did to gordon liu the only thing we can do is wish he gets better with time

best wishes gos out to godon liu and his family

Archived