Leung Kar Yan vs Wilson Tong

SMK

Originally posted in the 'Daily FuTube Showcase' on 10/3/11

{TEXT1}Shapes and Footwork galore. Classic fight scene from the movie 'The Victim'.

{TEXT1}0:37

To view previously "showcased" videos, please visit the Daily FuTube Showcase Archive.

If you have any Martial Arts related videos that have not yet been featured, you can place the YouTube video in the 'Videos' section, in the Martial Arts Related sub-forum.

Thank You.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

As I've said elsewhere, when I stumbled across this end fight in April, this made me look into old school Kung Fu.

I can see why folks call Wilson Tong 'the foot doctor' :smile

This fight feels very, very dangerous to me and I love the Iron Cross style.

Secret Executioner

Great vid. Was that Sammo using the three-section staff ? That was great too, though the Beardy/Wilson Tong stuff was very impressive - seems like Beardy is ALWAYS top-notch and very enjoyable to watch in action. :nodding

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
Great vid. Was that Sammo using the three-section staff ? That was great too, though the Beardy/Wilson Tong stuff was very impressive - seems like Beardy is ALWAYS top-notch and very enjoyable to watch in action. :nodding

Yup that was Sammo. I think that's what I enjoy watching Sammo do the most, weapons-work.

legendarycurry

One of my absolute favorite films. Excellent fights and oner of the greatest Kung Fu movie plots out there!

It still blows my mind that Beardy didn't have a martial arts background before getting into films. What a talent!

Secret Executioner
What is a beardy?

Beardy is Leung Kar Yan's nickname. Fans call him that because he usually sports a beard in movies.

DragonClaws

The Victim is a classic, one of the best Kung Fu films I've watched and a superb example of independent film making from HK in the 70's. Leung Kar Yan was a natural talent and really shines in this film. Wilson Tong & Sammo Hung look equally as impressive too.

Archived