Bajan the Assassin

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

Is this any good? Best Buy has the whole series for only $14.99. Even if it is only average, I may still have to pick it up for that price.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

morgoth, go to page #4 there are (2) threads about this series, I for one really liked them and if they are selling the complete 4 volumes of this series which I can't believe for that price then its a steal.

Guest morgoth

$14.99 for all 4 volumes!!! I feel I am kind of forced to get it. Thanks for the info. And thanks for getting back to me right as the library closes. They are kicking me out right now:D

Guest Daisho2004

Volume #4 was a full length movie which I thought was the best out of the entire series, that one alone is worth the price.

Guest Daisho2004

Baian the Assassin:

Description: Using his knowledge of acupuncture for both good and evil, Dr. Baian considers himself an asset to his community. He is a murderer, but he claims to take money only for killing wicked people. Set during the Edo period, this series takes place largely in brothels and bars, capturing a sense of the street culture during that time.

My Review: Now I know that this series really isn't a Samurai series but it does usually involve a Samurai clan in the storyline, I have really enjoyed this series thus far, the last episode that I seen was vol.#4 it was a full length movie, best episode so far.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
are these widescreen?

Being a made for TV series I believe they are fullscreen.

I'll pass, I havent heard anything good about the series except that #4 was OK.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

These were released not long after Ken Watanabe gained some popularity starring in "The Last Samurai". He was the star of this series. Media Blasters hoped to cash in on some of that success.

Guest Daisho2004

GLMF, let me tell you it is a good series its different the way he Assassinates his targets. I really enjoyed this series, and for $15.00 for the entire series its worth picking up. Or you can view them at Netflix.com 1st. if you just want to check them out. But I don't think you'll be disappointed with this series. They all have good stories the 1st. (3) volumes have 2 episodes on each one but the 4th. is a full length movie. I was hoping there was more to this series, but so far there are only (4)volumes out.

ps: yes they are all in Full Screen.

I thought I repost this since this series can be picked up really cheap now and I really enjoyed it myself.

Product Description

Volume 1 A TV series about a doctor during the Edo period who uses his Acupuncturist skills to both cure and kill. Dr. Baian is essentially a good man who accepts the money he receives for killing the bad so that he can heal the sick who can t afford it. Authentically details the street life during the Edo period these stories are street level and often take place in the bars and brothels of Edo. Volume2 From Tokyo Shock! His name is Baian professional acupuncturist and assassin! A needle deftly inserted into the human body can bring relief and healing. For the defense of justice and honor - and for the right price it can also bring instant death! Based on the stories by Shotaro Ikenami Baian the Assassin features tales of murder and deceit jealousy and revenge all set in the backdrop of corrupt samurai lords ruthless merchant princes fawning geisha and deadly ninja. Volume 3 Baian Fujieda is a very popular and trusted acupuncturist who always has a long line of patients. But there's another side to Dr. Baian. He's also a professional hit man who secretly assassinates evildoers. Volume 4 Baian is offered an assignment by his motojime Otowa for more money than he's ever gotten before. But he hesitates when he realizes that his target is Kikuemon a motojime from Osaka with whom he has a history. As the story unfolds and alliances become clear Baian may have to assassinate someone in order to protect another.System Requirements:Run Time: 351 minutesFormat: DVD MOVIE Genre: ACTION/ADVENTURE

51OivLUF9OL._SS500_.jpg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

As long as your cool with a good story first, and limited but well done action second, you'll enjoy this. If you go in expecting Lone Wolf style swordplay you won't be happy.

I saw the same deal a few months back and thought if it's got Ken Watanabe it's got to be worth $15. I wasn't disappointed.

oldeschool17

That's spot on. I bought this on low expectations and was pleasantly surprised by it. As you mentioned, its not an action packed swordplay, but its got a good emphasis on story development and pacing. It's nice to have a change of pace from watching the typical chambara. For 15 bux you really cant complain. Ive watched 2 volumes so far and look forward to watching the rest eventually

As long as your cool with a good story first, and limited but well done action second, you'll enjoy this. If you go in expecting Lone Wolf style swordplay you won't be happy.

I saw the same deal a few months back and thought if it's got Ken Watanabe it's got to be worth $15. I wasn't disappointed.

Trust Me episode #4 was the best one, like I said its a full length movie. That one alone is worth the $15.00 but for the entire set that's a steal of a deal.

Archived