Zii Eagle Shaw Brothers Box

dadadove

Are you familiar with this new amazing product? It's too good to be true....668 Shaw Brothers movies contained within in one box!!!! I have not purchased one, but I obtained a little info if anyone is curious. I'm not sure they ship to the USA, so you might need to know someone in one of their shipping regions. I've seen it on sale a few times as well.

http://www.ziieagle.com/products/?product=20238&nav=1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've read they don't directly ship to the US (plus no warranty coverage). I know 2 people that are HUGE fu movie buffs, and they have little positive to say about these (ESPECIALLY supposed CRAP picture quality).

Yeah, I was told one year warranty, but even still, at the sale price I've seen (about $680US) who wants to take a chance at one year. You can't even watch all the movies in that time!

I've got a friend in Singapore, so I've got the connect, but since I've never seen or heard of anything like this before, I was thinking that as great an idea as it is, it might need to take a few generations to be perfected.

Thanks!

I bet there are a ton of movies on there that I would most likely never watch, due to the fact that they are not martial art films. But if I had $700 to burn, I would definitely consider picking one up, just as a collectible item. :)

Does anyone actually own this box?

I know of two people who brought it over from Singapore. Many of the ripped films circulating in the traders circle are copies from one of those 2 boxes.

I hadn't heard of this until King Fu Bob talked about his collection and that some of the films came from that. I want one now. I looked and I haven't seen one available. I could see how it could be a bootleggers dream if you're actually able to copy some of the films!

Unfortunately, one has to go to (or know someone in) Singapore to get a box. They won't ship outside the country. At least it was that way for some years. Getting the files off the box proved to be an undertaking as it wasn't a simple, hook it up to your PC and rip away.

The picture quality is not IVL, however they're much better than a lot of boots out there.

I'm sitting on almost 300 Shaw dvds. When I think of what I've spent, this box seems almost reasonable. However, if it isn't for sale in this country and they won't ship, I guess it doesn't matter much.

Yeah the box concept seems like a great idea ... having all those movies at your fingertips. But if one disc goes bad, then you only lose one movie. Imagine if you had that box and something went wrong with it? Ouch!

BiggWill1988

I saw this years ago and was wondering if anyone bought this? I didnt want to buy it and then it breaks

Yeah the box concept seems like a great idea ... having all those movies at your fingertips. But if one disc goes bad, then you only lose one movie. Imagine if you had that box and something went wrong with it? Ouch!

That's one hell of a good point

Okay if I haven't said it before, let me say it now. I have a problem! If someone says that something is hard to get and it is cool especially tech and MA wise!! I have to have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-668-Shaw-Brothers-Movies-In-One-Box-ZiiEAGLE-Many-Unreleased-Titles-/251114096927

I really want one!! :crying:angry:crying I can't find one advertized anywhere and I don't know anyone in Singapore. I need to make a penpal there!! :rofl

I would seriously by this and never need another movie in my lifetime!! :rofl

Unless you find a used one, you are not going to be able to buy one. They stopped making them a few years ago so they are not for sale. They sold poorly so I wouldn't expect them to come out anywhere else.

Okay if I haven't said it before, let me say it now. I have a problem! If someone says that something is hard to get and it is cool especially tech and MA wise!! I have to have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-668-Shaw-Brothers-Movies-In-One-Box-ZiiEAGLE-Many-Unreleased-Titles-/251114096927

I really want one!! :crying:angry:crying I can't find one advertized anywhere and I don't know anyone in Singapore. I need to make a penpal there!! :rofl

I would seriously by this and never need another movie in my lifetime!! :rofl

I have the same problem. I'm not done hunting for this. I can't even find a list of the 668. I know Celestial owns near 1000 Shaws, so I wonder if anything important is missing.

I have the same problem. I'm not done hunting for this. I can't even find a list of the 668. I know Celestial owns near 1000 Shaws, so I wonder if anything important is missing.

No brother, the worst part is if you look at the old listing on Ebay I posted It lists ALL of the movies at the bottom!!!!

It just makes it worse :crying

From what I remember reading, the PQ was pretty bad or decent at best. Why not just load your computer hard drive with iTunes HD Shaws? Though, the booklet is nice from what I heard. But, Celestial have a digital catalog of the movies that you can download for free. (Just a thought).

From what I remember reading, the PQ was pretty bad or decent at best. Why not just load your computer hard drive with iTunes HD Shaws? Though, the booklet is nice from what I heard. But, Celestial have a digital catalog of the movies that you can download for free. (Just a thought).

I'd disagree with that. They picture quality was perfectly fine and not at all bad. Especially given the amount of movies on one hard drive. Not to mention, the price of buying all those movies on iTunes (if they were even available) and a hard drive to store them on would be crazy (for me, at least).

They actually released multiple versions of the Ziieagle, with some having some HD content (I never got to see that one) and one even had a built-in screen for portable viewing.

:rofl Stop!! You are killing me!! I can't afford to go to Singapore but the more I hear how rare it is the more I want it!! :crying

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Politely pretends not to see the link Hei posted. Leave the temptation at the door of the Shaw-lin Temple.

Someone should probably delete this thread and ban it's discussion. It's causing sleep deprivation, anxiety, and excessive salivation.

I will find a way!! :devil

This has actually turned into a support group for crazy die hards!! :rofl It seems that spoilers for us aren't movie plot information..it's movie rarity information!! :rofl

But seriously...I have to have one... :crying

just sayin...

http://ziieagle.weebly.com/index.html

Someone should probably delete this thread and ban it's discussion. It's causing sleep deprivation, anxiety, and excessive salivation.

but in a good way!! :wink:rofl

Archived