Legend of Bruce Lee : quick take

Minute Fong

Just watched the 3-hour edit of the 50 hour TV series: sad to say it's an almost complete disaster, I will post a review this week. Such a shame that editing, dialogue, pointless scenes ruin a potentially gripping story; the main issue is that the editor/director can't agree whether this is reality TV, an analysis of what makes a martial artist, or a wire-work laden fantasy battle epic. :thumbsdown

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the 3-hour edit of the 50 hour TV series: sad to say it's an almost complete disaster, I will post a review this week. Such a shame that editing, dialogue, pointless scenes ruin a potentially gripping story; the main issue is that the editor/director can't agree whether this is reality TV, an analysis of what makes a martial artist, or a wire-work laden fantasy battle epic. :thumbsdown

I can't imagine how good this EXTREMELY heavily edited movie can be. 50 hours down to just 3, this is the main reason I stayed far away from this one. I am looking forward to your review, thanks for the post, good to see you around here brother MF!

WonBin'sMojo

They have the whole series unedited on hulu but my problem with this series is the English translation opening credit song that was complete shit.... Imagine something very very horrible and multiply that by a thousand and you will get an idea on how bad that f*****g song is... It completely turned the series sour and I just gave up and never looked back...

Haven''t seen much reviews about the whole 50 episodes series. It's currently playing on Netflix. Never watched the 3 hour condensed movie from it. I discovered martial arts and kung fu movies through Bruce Lee in the early 70's. Been a fan of both since then. Read tons of stuff about Bruce in the 70s and 80s but must admit not much since then and I must have forgotten more that half of what I've read! I decided to watch the whole series last month and I did (skipped some parts). From what I remember reading about him back then, the series seems to have many many inaccuracies,  untrue facts and invented stories. However, overall, I have to admit that for most of it I enjoyed the series. Too much wires in some fight scenes but in general I like it. I have no clue if this was backed or not by Lee's estate, don't really care. I think that the essence of what Lee's view of martial arts and Chinese kung fu is well depicted. I see it as a drama based on Lee's life. I've seen much worst! The «Bruce Lee» song is very cheezy and annoying...

Archived