Crimson Bat, Watch Out!

Guest Sleepman

Guest Sleepman

I have the crimson bat four dvd set, it's great the quality of the dvds are around 5.5 to 6 in a quality scale

of 10 though, it also has german subs which do not come with the option of removal? Anyone know if a better

copy of this is in the works or out, thanks. Great stuff! hopefully kurotokagi can get a print thats more

than just sub par. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff on these DVDS it's great, the english tracks

although i rather hear the orginal. This is the female version of zatoichi and it completely rocks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Sounds interesting and I like the title of these films as well. You can get them eng. subtitled I believe. I wasn't sure of them so I didn't pick them up. Judging by your description I may now do so. Are they well paced with enough action or duels?

Guest Sleepman

cb2.jpg

Crimson bat.. i dont know what to tell you about this 1st part. I was taken aback throughout the film many

times, because of it brilliance. half the time i just wished i could see it re-mastered, the other i was

lost in all the avenues cinema bliss saturated with the archtypal constructs based in building of pure

storytelling.

i was not expecting this series to be so well woven, it is interspersed with the ingenuity of some person,

whoever it was that wrote the script his ideas were like gems encrusted.. left in some lost pathway..

well lost but found that is.

Very well paced, and never abandoned for lack of ideas, orginal, well spoken well shot and interesting

cast. I kept waiting for it to be faulty or break off from the strengths of the script but it never happened,

instead the story built up steadily and something else came together, steadily the film (part one at least)

become more interesting,, captivating building up to a climactic ending of which i was left.. to think and

wonder even more.

Synopsis is basically this a girl is left by her mother at the behest of her boyfreind a gambling bastard

of which we only see for a moment at the opening.. There is a thunderstorm and the girl loses her sight

(around age 7 she was), because of the lightning she wakes up and what is interesting is she sees for a

second and then it just fades to black. Blinded and left by the only person her mother who we see crying

in the beggining (also who breaks down later when the times catch up with her) she begins to cry and cry,

later she is brought in the only person who dies and becomes the student of an eclectic master samurai

who teaches her ''the way of the sword''

Enter the Blind Swordswoman.. dressed up, white face geisha clothing I have to see this re-mastered,

have to, i hope there is a remake of part one just fabulous i love it. Also the print is english dubbed

they did a fantastic job, its really something else. Highly reccomended.

cb1.jpg

cb3.jpg

Guest Sleepman

ok so real quick for all your mental notes

part one i rate it a 9

part two i rate it a 7.8 or 8 tops

part three i rate it a 6.5

part four = i guess ill let you know.

i would give them a higher rating it it was rebuilt.. the quality of the print is standard VHS trasnsfered to DVD

Archived