Best Kung Fu Documentary

PaiLum

This can include documentaries about Kung Fu movies or artists or directors. My favorite is one called Top Fighter little quote on it says "The first and only film to introduce the top players in the genre. Ranging from Bruce Lee to Jet Li, Top Fighters gives action packed insight into how and why chosen individuals excel at what they do. From the speed of Bruce Lee to the power of Bolo Yeung to the grace of Jet Li, Top Fighter gets up and real with exclusive access."

It goes on to go from a few early people all the way to the blaxploitation films.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

there is a doc about kung fu not movies but kung fu styles it came out i think in the 80s i think its called warrior with in or something like that its a really good doc tho

there is also "top fighter 2: deadly fighting dolls" which as the name suggests focuses on the female screen fighters

Warrior Within is fantastic, if well dated. As 7blows stated its a martial arts doco, from '76 featuring different masters of various styles in America. The biggest standout was this Afro-American kid in NYC doing hung-gar, specifically tiger, and his demo opponents didnt look like they wanted to be there ! :coveredlaugh I found this in a $2 dvd bin quite a few years back & those Ive shown love it. Best part, Bruce Lee's

Another film based one I own is Cinema Of Vengeance which speaks a lot about the attmpts to fill Bruces shoes, & also covers the gangster too

I should clarify tho that top fighter 2 & cinema of vengeance are post '90, tho most footage is pre '90's so its toeing the line in this part of the forum...like a ninja :wink

shaolin swords

i new i had the name right :laugh yeah that doc warrior within is very good doc on kung fu i got it some where on vhs tape some where lol :rofl:rofl

Archived