Plans for Bruce Lee Museum in Northwest Arkansas?

Pai Mei

When visiting family in Arkansas, I just happened to read the local newspaper and saw this article on the front page:

Bruce Lee Museum Future Uncertain

I’m sorry that the entire article is not on the link, but I will try to summarize what it said.

Apparently there are plans for a Bruce Lee museum in the city of Fayetteville. The plan stated that there would be a 7300 square foot building for exhibition space and a 50 seat theater that would display info videos and Bruce Lee movies. There would also be outdoor landscaped water features. As of August 19, the architect, David McKee, had stated that the plan was on hold citing legal issues.

But these “legal issues” may have been resolved according to the headline in yesterday’s article.

Bruce Lee Museum Gets a Go, But Project’s Not on Solid Footing. I’ve not read the latest article because I am back home now.

The land for the projected museum is owned by John Walker. He is local to the area and is the son of philanthropists Pat and Willard Walker. Although John Walker has not commented to the newspaper on this project, they were able to contact the family’s business manager, Ron Barber of Tulsa, OK. Barber said that “Mr. Walker has been a long-time acquaintance of friends and family members of the Lee family.” He continued by saying that the Lee family “are not participants in this, and this is not something that has been formally approved by anyone.” Barber had also said that John has had interest in showcasing his extensive personal collection of Bruce Lee memorabilia privately or open to public display.

I am not sure if this is just a coincidence, but the only other connection I could find between Bruce Lee and Fayetteville is that Dan Inosanto has been known to visit a local martial arts academy ran by Mark McFann. I don’t know if these visits are somewhat personal in nature or completely on a professional level. For those of you that don’t know, Inosanto is one of a very few that have been okayed by Bruce himself to teach his martial art technique.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very cool info Pai Mei. Thank you for posting it here, I appreciate it.

It would be very nice to see this museum built.

Thanks! I am really glad that you have a Bruce Lee dedicated category. There are so many cool topics that can get lost in general discussion boards.

Even though this looks like it’s going to be an unofficial BL museum, it looks like it may actually happen… unlike the plans for the other two “official” Bruce Lee Museums. The one in Seattle, the Bruce Lee Action Museum (or BLAM), was supposed to be HUGE. It was going to be a 3 story building with a 250-seat theater. As of right now the plans for this are on hold due to economic reasons. There were also plans to create a museum out of Bruce Lee’s former residence in Hong Kong. However a deal was unable to be reached with the current owner.

Apparently there are plans for a Bruce Lee museum in the city of Fayetteville.

Sounds like a Shaolin Chamber meet-up location to me. Not a bad drive for us Oklahomans! :smile

Wow, that would be nice! Then I wouldn't have to be so jealous of those ol" chaps in London with all their kung fu movie screenings and get togethers :tongueout.

I'm in Northern Cali, how far exactly is that for me, let me check...

.............checking.....Google Maps.....

Ok. 1,802 miles, 1 day 5 hours

WOW. Pretty far. It would most definitely be cheaper to fly on my end.

BTW, I have NEVER been on a plane before.... :sad

Archived