new movie alert “Saving General Yang”

mmacchia5

Saving General Yang by Ronny Yu, to star ADam Cheng and Lousi Koo

“Saving General Yang” is based on one of the most famous hero stories of ancient China, “The Yang’s’ Saga”.

if you saw the classic 8 diagram pole fighter , then the Yang family should ring a bell to you, cant wait for trailer!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the heads up brother, this definitely sounds cool. 8DPF is a classic for sure, so it will be quite interesting to see another perspective of the Yang Family!

shaolin swords

one more thing this looks really interesting is this out on dvd yet could not find it if it not does any one know when it coming out on dvd thanks

This sounds great! Ronny Yu's a good director who's been on the down low lately. I look forward to seeing what he brings here. I haven't seen Legendary Amazons, was it pretty bad? What exactly was wrong with it? Just curious.

This sounds great! Ronny Yu's a good director who's been on the down low lately. I look forward to seeing what he brings here. I haven't seen Legendary Amazons, was it pretty bad? What exactly was wrong with it? Just curious.

I have yet to personally watch it. Talkd to a number of peeps, and not one had ANYTHING good to say: "Cecilia Cheung looks lost all picture", "Pei-pei Cheng was def bored". etc. etc. :|

info from the usual suspect would suggest its still in post production so a dvd release would be some time off, and their HK cousin lists a release date of 10/26/2012 .

There is this info also, which mentions its promo in Cannes this year where "SAVING GENERAL YANG has already sold distribution rights to three places, Disney in Taiwan, M Picture in Thailand and Icon Picture in Australia". So much for US investors, there are some good Asian film promoters coming up in Australia, and with films such as this one doing its editing here also we may get more films at the same date as the homeland releases (which has been the case more often in the last year).

tho if u were referring to Legendary Amazons its been out for a spell. I also concur with the majority on that one, couldnt make it more that about a half hour before turning it off, although I do intend on giving it another go at some point. From my recollection it felt too 'girly', which might sound weird being about a clan of female fighters and all, but they didnt have bravado...like twilight :laugh (thats going off the trailers)

SGY does look good tho from this teaser/behind the scenes vid

Archived