'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' (2011)

SMK

Are you fan of the ORIGINAL Plant of the Apes films and TV series, believe it or not, I HAVE NEVER SEEN them. LOL. And YES, I am the same guy who has never seen a single Star Trek episode either.

BUT .. I did go see the new 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' this past Friday, and I actually enjoyed it. Of course the ending set it up for the sequel, which I am hoping will come some time, and YES, I do plan on watching all the original movies sometime soon as well.

So, are you a fan of the original films, and if so, have you seen the NEW movie yet? If so, what did you think?

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have seen the original films but I do not count myself among the fans of them. Anyway I went to the cinema with my co-worker last week to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and I really enjoyed it too. Usually I don´t like movies where animals play a major role (except those hosted by David Attenborough :laugh ) but this one was really entertaining. Good story, the moves of the apes were very real (few exceptions with the jumps - they were exaggerated a little bit but it was complimenting the impact of the action), and the culmination into the final action was great. Yeah, very good film. If there will be a sequel I will go for it.

I've been a huge fan of the original 5 Planet of the Apes movies as well as the TV show for a long time. They are definitely all worth watching many times over. The Tim Burton "re-imagination " from 2001 is total garbage generally people agree with that. I thought the new "Rise" movie far exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant when it was first announced, but very glad to have seen it and I'm certainly excited for the sequel.

I think fans of Shaw would like all the original movies. They have a similar feel with alternating outdoor shots and indoor shots where the structures are obviously not too solid. The fighting has none of the choreography of the Shaws or anything else from HK or Asia, but when you see them, I think you'll feel some similarities. I'd rank them in order, best to least, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5. The TV show was fun too, just 14 episodes though.

Archived