'Sentimental Swordsman' Series

SMK

DESCRIPTION
It feels like I haven't seen a Ti Lung film in quite some time, even though the last film I saw of his was 'Soul of the Sword', less than a year ago. I have not yet seen the 'Sentimental Swordsman' series of films, I've always meant to. Have you seen them? Do you recommend them all?

POINT OF INTEREST
0:19 (ranked 3rd? Unacceptable)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarsHarmony

Well, I am sure it will come as no surprise that I adore Return of the Sentimental Swordsman, which I have seen many times!

This film has it all and Fu Sheng, what more could I ask from a movie. Ti Lung is of course super, and in one of my favorite roles for him, Yueh Hua is terrific, he handles a sword with the best of them. Ku Feng, Derek Yee Tung Sing, Ching Li are great, Choh Seung Wan is one evil bi**h in this, and Yuen Wah does his thing like nobody else! I enjoy the first installment The Sentimental Swordsman very much too. I have not seen the third installment Perils of the Sentimental Swordsman, and look forward to viewing that someday soon.

Iron_Leopard

Can someone remind me of the order of these movies and if they are all actually related?

ShawAngela

The sentimental swordsman and Return of the sentimental swordsman, which is it's direct sequel.

Perils of the sentimental swordsman is not related, it tells an adventure of Lu Xiao Feng, while the two others tell the story of Xiao Li Fei Dao (Little Knife Li).

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 5/26/2020 at 6:37 AM, ShawAngela said:

Perils of the sentimental swordsman is not related, it tells an adventure of Lu Xiao Feng,

To add to the confusion, Shaw made Chu Liu Xiang the protagonist of this Lu Xiao Feng story. The mistranslation of the original title which is something like "Chu Liu Xiang and the Ghost Mansion" did not help either!

Archived