A good version of Shinobi no Mono?

bamboo spear

bamboo spear

Years ago I got suckered into ordering the Chinese adaptation of this, which was just horrible. Edo was Peking, Ishikawa Goemon was Pak Sung, etc. Absolute "engrish" subtitles. There's a boxset on Ebay which claims to be good quality for around 40 bucks (I think it's the entire run, too). Anyone familiar, or have a good link for another brand?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

bamboo, Merlin over@www.samuraidvd.net/ is doing a remastered version of this series BTW the ones being sold on eBay were Scavaged from Merlin in the 1st. place so I would wait if you really want a new remastered set of this series, it is an Excellent series.

Guest strutr74

check out ebay. I see a few people selling it for $7 bucks. Who cares who did it,IMO Low cost= buy from me:) Or check out the trading section here, I'm sure someone can help you out? Unles you are loaded and wanna spend $240 for the set or $39.99 each You can check out the link provided above:rolleyes

Guest inchilottaP

Is the first poster even real? :lol

The Edo=Peking thing sounds like it was actually a schill setup since i've seen the Chinese version and thats not what the subs say.

Sorry in advance if i'm being a conspirator and this was all real somehow. 8o

The only real way to own these if your a fan is to order the original Japanese dvds and get the subtitles from kloofy.net and make your own custom dvd. :hat

It'll all cost you the same in the end given the non-ebay 'options' now.

bamboo spear

It was pretty bad. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember all the characters going by the Chinese readings of their names. It was such jumbled Engrish, I eventually turned them off and braved the Japanese audio.

Archived