Bruce Lee Movies - Finally Seen!

SMK

As I previously confessed in a post I made back on July 14, 2009, that although I run a site dedicated to classic martial art cinematic treasures, I had NEVER seen any of Bruce Lee movies!

Yes, for years I've had to hang my head in shame, it is not something I was proud of, and I have always felt a void in my being, simply due to the neglect I had so unintentionally made in viewing Bruce's films.

I am proud to say, as of today, 4/27/11, less than an hour ago, I've completed in viewing my 3rd Bruce Lee movie.

To date, I have now seen, and in this order; The Big Boss, Fist of Fury and The Way of the Dragon.

My favorite of these three films is Fist of Fury, second would be The Big Boss, and third Way of the Dragon. Although Way of the Dragon featured my favorite 1-on-1 fight between Bruce and an opponent, this being Chuck Norris. The end fight in this film was beautifully done by both men. As the scene started, I was certain Bruce was going to strike the first blow, but I was wrong, Chuck (Colt) came out swinging.

This is not a post about reviews of each film, cause in all honesty, I am quite sure, I am the last living "Kung Fu Movie Fan" that has just barely got around to seeing Bruce Lee's films, so there really is no need to get into each movie. I just wanted to do a follow up to my original post that I made of my "confession".

I will watch Enter the Dragon and Game of Death next.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarsHarmony

Congratulations. I just read your July 14, 2009 post and the comments made. Of course KungFuBob said it best, and he is right that they may not be the greatest films of the genre, (although they have some of the greatest dubbed lines of all!) but Bruce is the greatest star of the genre (there's only one man I love more), which makes his films better than they are. That being said, I love the four main films he left us, I saw them all in the theater when they were released in the US, and have viewed them many many times since. The original footage from Tower of Death, is as pure Bruce as you can get, and promised to be a classic. In one of the documentary's of Bruce, (I think it was called Bruce Lee: The man who changed the world) the footage from ToD is shown as it might have appeared if Bruce had been able to finish the film, without all the added nonsense.

Bruce Lee changed the world!

:shakinghands

WonBin'sMojo

@MarsHarmony, wow you actually saw one of Bruce's movie in the theater?? Holy moses my head would explode from awesomeness if I ever seen a Bruce Lee movie on the big screen.. How was the theater/audience was it a big crowd, did people go bananas or anything?? Damn if I can only wind the clock back to the 70's that's the one thing I wish I experience..

Jadedragon61

Bruce's films are like a finger pointing to the moon... Don't concentrate on the films - or you will miss all that heavenly glory!

post-97-144199713524_thumb.jpg

MarsHarmony
@MarsHarmony, wow you actually saw one of Bruce's movie in the theater?? Holy moses my head would explode from awesomeness if I ever seen a Bruce Lee movie on the big screen.. How was the theater/audience was it a big crowd, did people go bananas or anything?? Damn if I can only wind the clock back to the 70's that's the one thing I wish I experience..

Yes! I saw Enter the Dragon and Way of the Dragon several times in the theater. For Way of the Dragon, we had to drive for ah hour each time, but it was well worth it, and my brothers and I not only loved the film, but we were coping with Bruce's passing - just couldn't believe it. Enter the Dragon played in almost every city, so at least we only had to go downtown. What I remember was that EtD drew a general crowd, I mean it seemed like all types of movie fans went, it's appeal crossed so many genres and the buzz at that time was amazing. WotD was far more a Bruce Lee, martial arts fan crowd, (which was still pretty new in the mainland states) and the movie house was full each time, lots of guys and not as many gals, as it was when we saw Big Boss and Fist of Fury earlier.

:nodding

WonBin'sMojo

I would love to see Big Boss on the big screen again, my favorite Bruce Lee movie.. Yeah I now it's not a popular choice but something about that movie just feels home grown/ down to earth vibe to it and the action and violence is pretty hardcore for a film in the early 70's....

Archived