The Trail of Blood

Guest Tosh

What's up with this movie? It says WARNING: Contains violence(duh), strong language, nudity and improper use of hand tools. "improper use of hand tools" Wtf?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I heard the 3 movies from Animego are good, but the 3rd one doesn't end things, so maybe there is a 4th:p

I am guessing hand tools are used as weapons??

Guest Daisho2004

"Mikogami Trilogy"

"The Trail of Blood":

Rival gangs are at war with one another, ravaging the countryside and slaughtering anyone who defies them. Unfortunately for them, they messed with the wrong guy.

When Jokichi, a famed wandering yakuza soldier, tries to go straight, he quickly learns that you only leave the Underworld by getting sent to Hell!

After his fellow mobsters murder his entire family, he's got only one reason to keep on living... to ensure they keep on dying!

And the Kanto plains are full of rats that need killin'! In fact, there's three movies full of them.

"The Fearless Avenger":

more or less picks up where "The Trail Of Blood" film left off. Our hero, Jokichi, is angry after the events that took place earlier in his story and so when we catch up to him this time around he's hell bent on getting back at the sinister Chogoro. Unfortunately for Jokichi, he makes a few false steps, his assassination attempt fails miserably and he winds up getting caught by the local yakuza chapter.

Thankfully, Jokichi has a little bit of luck on his side, at least, and the boss, Juzaburo, decides to spare his miserable life because he knows that if he has Jokichi killed, it'll mess up some plans that his gang has for a formal commemoration ceremony. Jokichi, with no one but himself to depend on, heads back into town and soon meets up with Umezo, a different yakuza boss. Umezo knows of Jokichi's skill with a sword and so he hires him to work as a bodyguard for Juzaburo's daughter, the lovely Oyuki. Jokichi agrees but soon learns that his task will be much harder than he was originally lead to believe and before long, his archenemy, Chogoro, is back in the picture and Jokichi rekindles his thirst for blood and vengeance.

"The Slaughter in the Snow":

Jokichi's success in getting revenge has resulted in a hefty price being put on his head, and it's only a matter of time before he runs into Kobunji, master of the throwing knife, who, while he really likes Jokichi, has his professional reputation to uphold.

But just because you have to kill a guy doesn't mean you can't enjoy getting to know him first, and do a little male bonding by offing some villains. But in the end, it's nothing personal, just business, and the white snow will be stained red with blood.

OK my review on these films 1st. off I really enjoyed the whole trilogy, that being said there were a few things that I didn't like. In the entire series they never once explained why he was such a notorious person, his past was never explained, I thought that was a major flaw, but one that was over looked, in the 2nd. film I thought the revenge part was very good, and it was building up to the final movie and the last part of the trilogy. I was a little disappointed with the final film "The Slaughter in the Snow" because it really didn't finish the story about his revenge, you were left hanging as to OK what's going to happen I did enjoy the action and the storyline but it was almost like watching a totally different movie which really had nothing to do with the 1st. 2 films in this trilogy.

Thanks Daisho for the reveiws, my friend just gave me the disk yesterday, damn, now I'll have to track down the other 2 when I'm done watching it. The "hand tools" threw me off, what time period does this take place?

Guest KevinClo

It's around the mid-19th century.

"improper use of hand tools"

Someone has a dark sense of humor. It's about 30 minutes into the movie when someone is told to use a tool in an different way...the main character is about to get brutalized.

KC

Are these movies worth getting since there was never a real ending to the series? Also, would you recommend to get Trail of Blood, Fearless, and Slaughter or should I wait and get the Shadow Warriors set thats coming soon? Thanks

Guest Daisho2004

tino, I really enjoyed this series, I was very disappointed about how it ended, when it really didn't finish the storyline about his revenge and it really makes you believe it does when you read the plot to the final film, but like I said you can rent it first if you just want to check it out, and I'm sure by the end of the year it will be in a box set even cheaper.

Guest Tosh

I have to say I've had this one sitting on the backburner and after watching it, I'm seriously impressed, me and pressureworld was kicking it the other night and both agreed by the 70's Samurai movies lost what made them so great, maybe I need to give some more of these movies a chance.

This was some bloody carnage from start to end:D My kind of movie, can't wait to see the other two.

Guest Dahnamics

this movie is the @#%$ and should not be slept on. i haven't seen te final in the chapter yet, maybe ill watch it tonoight, but the first to are dope as hell..

Guest Daisho2004

Dahnamics, remember the last movie doesn't have anything to do with the 1st. (2) movies, just keep that in mind and you'll enjoy it. I just don't understand how the Writers/Directors can call it a trilogy when it doesn't even finish the storyline, again its like a totally different movie your watching.

Guest pressureworld

Daisho you said it really isn't a trilogy well is it three completely different stories? and is the action as brutal as the first? Im going to watch them all tonight. TOB blows away demon spies and a lot of that 70''s junk like my homeboy Tosh said samurai films in the 70's started getting really shaky and this was a nice surprise

Guest Daisho2004

pressure, the 1st. & 2nd. movie continue the storyline line and like I said from what you read on the 3rd. movie you think he completes his revenge on everyone that caused him harm and Destroyed his live, but it veers off into a totally different movie and has nothing to do with the 1st. (2) movies. Yes it is the same character but it just goes its own way, and that is what ruined it for me, like I said if you watch it as a single movie then you'll enjoy it more. You wouldn't even have to see the 1st. (2) movies to watch this one.

Guest Dahnamics

best quoteable in this series is from The Fearless Avenger when 2 hoodlums are trying to rape a young girl on a canoe

"haha! look at her holy sanctum!"

Archived