The Art of Stunt Doubling

SMK

DESCRIPTION
In this very entertaining clip from the Yuen Woo Ping directed/choreographed film, The Buddhist Fist, you will see just how bad ass of a fighter Simon Yuen really is. Or should I say how good his "double" is? It's quite obvious, that the 2 fighters are very similar in height, but when they show a close up of Simon, he is much shorter than his opponent. Movie Magic!

POINT OF INTEREST
0:34

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarsHarmony

The Buddhist Fist (1980) is one of my absolute favorites. I am just guessing, but it looks like Yuen Shun Yi doubling for his dad Simon Yuen Siu Tin, Simon Yuen Siu Tin shares action choreography credit with Woo Ping. Shun Yi also plays the lead character of the film, and that is Tsui Siu Ming, who shares directing credit with Woo Ping, as the mysterious man in black. Brandy Yuen Jan Yeung and Yuen Cheung Yan also appear in the film, making this a real family affair. I don't usually love dubbed versions, but this one is really fun, although I do hope to find an original language version someday soon. Thanks for sharing this.

"Buddha Bless You".

:clappinghands

Duel to the Death

This is one of the better examples of this. The person doubling is not fighting too fast. In some movies i have seen the double fighting at lightning speed while Yuen Siu Tin is moving at a medium speed and it doesn't match at all. It's more believable when they are fighting at similar speeds. You don't have to fight super fast to be impressive. 

Archived