Top 20 Japanese Old School Movies!!

FLKPetejr

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarsHarmony

post-60-144199713535_thumb.jpg

With a lot of help to solve the mystery, I think that the second poster is for Tengu-to (1969) produced by Daiei Studio, starring Tetsuya Nakadai (pictured on the right of the poster), Ayako Wakao (middle) and Go Kato (left).

I must thank Kenneth Woo on Facebook, for naming the movie!!!!

And I found this one clip on youtube -

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

My faves have always been the "Lone Wolf and Cub" films

I love the Lone Wolf and Cub films, in both dubbed and original language. Great films.

Yangstyle131441996347

I like wakayama as Lone wolf, his sword technique is great. Not to take away from his brother Katsu as Zatoichi, who's technique is just as awesome.

shaolin swords

in the lone wolf and cub movies the swordplay action is amazing its as good as it gets

but the movies where weird to me so i wind up trading them on this forum for some kung fu movies

Omni Dragon
I think my all time favourite
THE KILLING MACHINE
with Sonny Chiba actually most of Sonny's & the JAC are my films favourite Japanese films.

I like wakayama as Lone wolf, his sword technique is great. Not to take away from his brother Katsu as Zatoichi, who's technique is just as awesome.

Both were raised as kabuki artists, but it was Wakayama who took it upon himself to actually train in real martial arts. In some regards Shintaro Katsu had a better film presence due to his interest in acting, but as Yangstyle13 has noted it was Wakayama who actually displayed better martial skills

The films that really stuck in my mind from Japan (at this inebrieted early morning timeframe :puke:sleepy ) are all samurai/ninja genre flix-

Rashomon, Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Hara Kiri, Sword of Doom, The Killers Mission, Samurai Assassin, The 47 Ronin, Samurai Rebellion, Kill!, Shadow Hunters, Shinobi No Mono, Sword of the Beast, The Samurai Trilogy, Hanzo The Razor trilogy, the Zatoichi series (film & tv), Lone Wolf series (film & tv), & Lady Snowblood films

these are all essential watching in my book if you truly want viewing pleasure. Not only do they posess some great action scenes, the acting & film making is truly standout, not just for the time either. They have the qualities which make them timeless tales to span generations and cross cultural bounderies...enough so to have some remade into & inspire many american classics also

Archived