Bruce and Betty...

Jadedragon61

Jadedragon61

A topic I have often wondered about, but for some reason seldom see mentioned, concerns what Bruce saw in Betty Ting Pei.

I mean, the poor woman was bad-mouthed from here to hell and back by the Chinese language press, giving every bad point about her. And yet the fact remains that Bruce, who was no fool regarding people in general, evidently saw something in her (beyond her good looks).

I always thought it very odd that so few recognized this point.

Anyway, my take is that there must have been a lot more to Betty Ting Pei than she was every given credit for.

Any opinions on this?

Cognoscente
On 3/8/2011 at 11:47 AM, Jadedragon61 said:

A topic I have often wondered about, but for some reason seldom see mentioned, concerns what Bruce saw in Betty Ting Pei.

I mean, the poor woman was bad-mouthed from here to hell and back by the Chinese language press, giving every bad point about her. And yet the fact remains that Bruce, who was no fool regarding people in general, evidently saw something in her (beyond her good looks).

I always thought it very odd that so few recognized this point. Anyway, my take is that there must have been a lot more to Betty Ting Pei than she was every given credit for.

Any opinions on this?

Unlike other Chinese women, she wasn't conservative in her language or demeanour. She was kinky. Also, she could dance really well. Women with that strong sense of rhythm know more than most about how to grind and gyrate.

What's really weird is that after the making of Fist of Unicorn, we don't see any photos of her on the set of GOD (unlike Unicorn) or ETD (like Unicorn). Hell, we don't see any photos of her with Bruce in 1973.

• Like 3

In this 1980 issue of Cinemart, Betty did an interview where (among other things) she denied that she was sent by Golden Harvest to control Bruce.

s-l1600 (9).jpg

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw
On 3/8/2011 at 12:21 PM, Jadedragon61 said:

Far less common, taken, I guess, 1 second later...

post-97-144199713082_thumb.jpg

"Geez Unicorn baby, fuck off I'm about to get my groooooooove on with ma bamboo."

So I rewatched all the BL movies last week and one of the commentaries, Bey mentioned Bruce and his girlfriend Betty Ting Pei.

He said it in a very matter of fact way even though I've never heard a proper confirmation of it. So they were definitely seeing each other then?

While I see lots of pic of BL and BTP together that doesn't prove anything.................

• Like 1

tomgray2404
On 3/8/2011 at 11:47 AM, Jadedragon61 said:

I always thought it very odd that so few recognized this point.

Anyway, my take is that there must have been a lot more to Betty Ting Pei than she was every given credit for.

Any opinions on this?

This might come across as extremely Scottish, but she was probably just a good ride.

• Like 1

CastleOfDeath

I think she was into philosophical, zen stuff that Bruce Lee liked so it probably started out with a good relationship where she would open him to stuff that he found interest in, it was the era where people would broaden their existential experience and talk a lot about philosophy an existentialism.

It's just paradoxical that he died at her place, of all places.

7 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I read somewhere that she resembled one of Bruce's early girlfriends, possibly Amy Sanbo?

tumblr_lkbxqgj6oT1qbqayg.gif

Those glasses clearly didn't help. :P

• Haha 1