Broken Oath (1977)

Guest will91XingYu

Its been a while since I last saw this and I still love it,for me itโ€™s Angela maos best movie(havenโ€™t seen them all though),great cast and Chan wai man hasnโ€™t moved better.One of the Great Golden Harvest titles.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

CC08602E-FCC0-4BDE-8581-2350896C3B2D.jpeg

• Like 5

Rodolphe Dux
On 5/27/2019 at 5:01 AM, sym8 said:

Its been a while since I last saw this and I still love it,for me itโ€™s Angela maos best movie(havenโ€™t seen them all though),great cast and Chan wai man hasnโ€™t moved better.One of the Great Golden Harvest titles.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

CC08602E-FCC0-4BDE-8581-2350896C3B2D.jpeg

I second you, this is my favorite Angela Mao movies with Lady Whirlwind and the fate of Lee Khan. Brilliant!

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
8 hours ago, Rodolphe Dux said:

I second you, this is my favorite Angela Mao movies with Lady Whirlwind and the fate of Lee Khan. Brilliant!

I'd third this notion. It's my favourite Angela Mao film too.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 1

In my opinion Angela Maoโ€™s best,Chan Wai Man martial arts wise never looked better,Bruce Leung throws down with his legs and Sammo as a villain,whatโ€™s not to like.One of the greats.Check it out๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

• Like 11

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 10/22/2020 at 7:29 AM, sym8 said:

In my opinion Angela Maoโ€™s best,Chan Wai Man martial arts wise never looked better,Bruce Leung throws down with his legs and Sammo as a villain,whatโ€™s not to like.One of the greats.Check it out๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I have to agree! Just a great flick. Most likely it did not do well, as it was Angela's last at Golden Harvest. On the flip side, maybe she made more from the independents. She had a big gambling habit back then, most likely when she married she probably took off to escape her old habits and haunts.

ย 

• Like 7

Cognoscente

The October '76 issue of Golden Movie News is ideal since it has a lot of colour photos for any reviewer or journalistย to use. The March '77 issue hasย other stills along with a rare production photo. The May '77 issue contained some interesting insight into Angela Mao's personal life.

may77.jpg

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

Watched my old copy of Broken Oath, man, that film kicks ass. Sad that it was most likely the nail in the coffin for Angela at Golden Harvest. I had heard she had a serious gambling problem and Chinese audiences are so gossipy and self righteous that probably did not help her career. Who really knows if she was paid any better or worse at the independents she did there after?

Edited by NoKUNGFUforYU
Specifics.
  • Like 8

This is now on the Hi-YAH! streaming service (both the English dub version and the original Mandarin version with English subtitles). I watched the subtitled version last night and loved it. Looked to be real HD, although an older transfer (think the Fortune Star information said 2010).

• Like 6

Beardys Feather

A fantastic film. One of the very best. I made this point to the director Jeong Chang Hwa. He signed my Fortune Star copy. Great guyย :bs_martialgreeting:

• Like 2