Kung Fu on film and IRL

Nippon Senshi

Nippon Senshi

Martial arts: Systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat.

Is this the sole reason for martial arts?

Films often show martial arts to be used for self defense, or fighting. This is not the only thing it is used for. Why do you think martial arts are often represented as being violent and having negative connotations?

What are some films that display the meditative forms of martial arts or describe the philosophy of a specific fighting style. The only films that I can think of are Shaolin films. Are there films that show the philosophies without putting it into a religious context?

Below is a compilation video that I made depicting films that show martial arts as a form of combat versus martial arts being used as a form of exercise or meditation.

Please excuse my noob audio/video editing.

I am in the process of improving them.

Also, there is a shout-out a the end!

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sensed no sort of "noob" audio or video editing, the whole thing was put together very nicely. I really enjoyed the scenes you chose, the edits of the clips and the music.

And I must admit, I had a BIG SMILE :smile on my face when I saw the end shout-out. TOO COOL man!

Thanks for that!!

Buddha Bless You.

Archived