Celestial Remastering Process

SMK

DESCRIPTION
If you have not seen this short promotional video of the process Celestial goes through to remaster all of our favorite Shaw Brothers films, then make sure to check it out now. The work they do is beyond impressive. Thank you Celestial for all that you do!

POINT OF INTEREST
0:41

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, Celestial has done a fine job in the restoration process. I recall reading somewhere that some of the things Sir Run Run carefully considered, besides cash, of which he has plenty, is that the firm they sold the rights to would properly convert the films into the best DVD quality possible, and market them internationally, and be of good reputation.

Informative vid, thanks.

(Buddha Bless the Proxy.)

MarsHarmony

An absolutely mammoth undertaking that I am truly grateful Celestial performed on the Shaw library. Buddha's name be praised they remastered all of Fu Sheng's films!

:clappinghands

Jadedragon61

Man, "Lover's Blade".... Wow, you are hardcore.

Most Fu Fans wouldn't even remember that one.

shaolin swords

that was a cool video

i been looking for lovers blade my self and cant find it does any 1 know if they remasterd it and released it for sale

and they really work hard at restoring the shaws i got a new found of respect for them i did not know how hard they worked to restore those movies.

thanks for the link.... impressive... wish they would also buy the rights of the Beardy movies like Sleeping Fist, Thundering Mantis, Demon Strike and also the one movie I never found a good version of : Shaolin vs Lama! and some others independents movies that would really deserve the same treatment.... but I guess they will be busy with all the SB catalogue for a while....

shaolin swords

i wish they would remaster shaolin and wu tang

i cant believe they did not remaster that flick because from what i know its a real popular flick and we as fans diserve a good copy of that movie.

just my opinion

i wish they would remaster shaolin and wu tang

i cant believe they did not remaster that flick because from what i know its a real popular flick and we as fans diserve a good copy of that movie.

just my opinion

woord on that.... I have a french version of the movie (dubbed in french) and there were so many cuts.... you can notice that so easily..... the length is 1h15... and I highly doubt the movie would be so short.... the version I got makes no sense.... I even doubt they did a correct translation..... its been time I am looking for an english dubbed version of this movie because I also believe Wu-Tang took some samples off it....

anyway.... I totally agree this movie deserves a remastering !!

I also believe Wu-Tang took some samples off it....

if what you say is true, the Shaolin & the Wu Tang could be dangerous :rockon

I only have a bodgy eng dub myself, taken from the old wu tang series of dvds, Im sure its longer than 75mins tho

Will dig it out if u like

shaolin swords

yes wu tang sampled a bunch of qouts from this movie also on the first album they sampled from of course 5 deadly venoms and also excutioners from shaolin

wooord Revenge Goat, that's exactly why I knew there was samples taken from this movie.... but I was it french dubbed.... so usually I watch movies in Chines, with subtitles in french or english..... but french does not make justice to these movies.... then if there is no chines audio available, I watch it in english.... but I hate to have to watch them french dubbed....

Anyway no need to dig it.... I am sure I will find one good english version one day hehe.... I am currently overhelmed with the many movies standing on my desk that I still have to watch..... and on top of it there is Mistery of Chess boxing AKA ninja checkmate..... never seen that one and only heard very good things about... would love to be able to see it this weekend, too bad I wont have the time....

shaolin swords

reveng you want to know whats weird that qoute where i said i also believe wu tang took some samples off it......i looked a couple times in this thread and i never said that in this thread my question is where the hell did you get that qoute from me because its not in this thread i dont know im confused :shaking:thinking

if what you say is true, the Shaolin & the Wu Tang could be dangerous :rockon

I only have a bodgy eng dub myself, taken from the old wu tang series of dvds, Im sure its longer than 75mins tho

Will dig it out if u like

shaolin swords

i was wondering what the hell was going on lol :laugh thanks for clearing that up

but they definitly need to remaster that movie

hehe that quote was taken from one of my previous post.... maybe a manual mismanipulation....

correct, I deleted the wrong quote markers :shaking my bad :sad

key wrekt it with my wu tang swored

Archived