looking for tai seng duel to the death 35mm print film

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i remember i had the tai seng catolog from back in the days from the late 1990s really early 2000s it was from.and in one section they where selling 35mm print films i think it would be nice to add this to my collection.so if any body got the tai seng 35mm print film brand new copy of duel to the death or any other kung fu movie please let me know.i will buy it off of you.

thank you very much

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't selling the prints, not in any catalog I ever saw and I got their 35mm only catalog. They were renting them out to movie theaters.... I did business with them on a few occasions!

shaolin swords

michael l. i can swear i saw the 35mm prints in the old tai seng catolog but i could be wrong.did you have the one any where from 1998-2001 i think it was a pretty big catolog pretty thick catolog.i wish i can find the one i had that im talking about.do you know how much if some one was selling the tai seng duel to the death 35mm would cost around probaley around a couple 100 dollars ?

Their regular catalog had DVDs for sale or sale to rental agencies and a small section of 35mm prints for exhibition (there was, some years, a film only catalog with more stuff). The films were $125 to $350 from what I remember... but that was per showing rental cost. I used to get midnight movies from them...

In fact, I might be trying to arrange something like that again (if anyone is near St. Louis)!

Honestly, I wouldn't buy an Asian 35mm print from the '80s unless you A) have a professional projector, B) have restoration equipment and C) know how to use both. Duel to the Death is still on film stock, not mylar, so it'll be getting brittle and more prone to breaking and catching fire unless you know how to recondition old film (which is never fun). Plus, you couldn't legally show it anywhere without licensing it.

shaolin swords

even if i found this i will not have the money to buy it it would probaly be like 500 to 1000 dollars but its would be a nice item to add to your collection :smile

Archived