New Zatoichi remake

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

A LADY Zatoichi film in the works! Read about it over at KFCCinema. Hmmm.....

ladyzato.jpg

The blind swordsman Zatoichi is becoming the blind swordswoman, according to a report from Sanspo via Tokyograph. A feature film titled ICHI is in the works, starring Haruka Ayase in her debut acting role, and helmed by Fumihiko Sori, the director of Ping Pong and the upcoming CGI thriller, Vexille. The movie will about a blind woman who wanders around an old town with her shamisen and samurai sword in tow, dispatching yakuza and other villainous groups when she's not plucking strings. Sori has promised no doubles will be used in any of the fight scenes, and Ayase herself has undergone some tough training for about a month. "It's incredibly straining as I've never handled a sword before," said Ayase, "but I'll try my hardest not to disappoint fans of the original Zatoichi or 'jidaigeki' period films."

(From KFCCinema.com)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to ask why?

The only thing that has me worried

Not the only thing:x

I've never handled a sword before," said Ayase

Is Japan starting to take cue from hollywood all of a sudden?

I don't care if they make a blind female Samurai movie, but why associate it with Zatoichi? ICHI? Blasphemy! Like we wouldn't know where they ripped it off from in the first place|I

Guest Daisho2004

I don't know it might be good look at the Azumi films I don't think Aya Ueto who played Azumi ever had any Sword Skills before the movie started and she looked great using a sword.

Guest Daisho2004

I had heard that Takeshi Kitano was going to do a sequel to his Zatoichi film which I really did enjoy. I wonder what happened to that plan.

Guest strutr74

I'd welcome a new Kitano version. Not a big fan of CGI but the 1st one wasn't to bad. The dance off was a bit weird tho, but I did like he made Zato his own way. no-nonsense.

Guest pressureworld

please no CGI and how hard is it to find actress who knows how to use a sword, there has to be someone out there

Guest Dahnamics
I don't know it might be good look at the Azumi films I don't think Aya Ueto who played Azumi ever had any Sword Skills before the movie started and she looked great using a sword.

she'd look even better handling my sword >D

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
she'd look even better handling my sword

I dunno, I dont think she is well versed in short-swords or daggers. ;)

Archived