Zatoichi's Pilgrimage RARE #14

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

JFYI, maybe a lot of you didn't know that Merlin@samuraidvd.com had Subtitled this movie over a year ago, this was the missing Zatoichi film that was never given a US DVD release, if you never seen it, its worth adding to your collection to complete the series.

plot: When Zatoichi goes to Shikoku on a pilgrimage to visit the 88 shrines on that island, he is forced against his will to take up the sword. An expert in the crossbow wants a match with the blind swordsman. How Ichi contends with this most dangerous weapon is one of the highlights of this great film. Injured, and needing help, Ichi must then protect the sister of a man he killed… even though she has attacked him in the past. Shades of High Noon in this exciting film as the village is terrorized by gangsters running wild.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShaKwon

Greetings,

I have a sub, lbx copy of Zato Ichi's Pilgrimage under the title, Zato Ichi's Ocean Voyage.

I also have a sub, lbx copy of Fight, Zato Ichi, Fight! under the title Zato ichi's Comical but Bloody Trip. I know for sure that Zato Ichi's Comical but Bloody Trip is derived from the literal translation of the Japanese title of the said film.

Does anyone know the literal translation of Zato Ichi's Pilgrimage? I'm curious to know if Zato Ichi's Ocean Voyage is similar to the literal translation. Thanks.

BTW, I dubbed them to dvdr from my vhs tapes.

Regards,

ShaKwon

Guest Daisho2004

ShaKwon, that is the title "Zatoichi's Pilgrimage" aka (Zatoichi's Ocean Voyage) is the other name that is was used.

Guest Mr Dragula

There's actually a region 2 release put out by warrior, I have it but have yet to check it out. If the quality is anything comparable to their Ronin-Gai effort, sticking with Merlin's might be the way to go... :\

www.amazon.co.uk/Zatoichi...755&sr=1-1

I certainly wouldn't go with Amazon's list price, but the marketplace prices seem reasonable enough. I'll have to pop in the dvd later when I have the time to report on the actual quality of the disc itself.

Guest Mr Dragula
The UK release is a completely different movie!!

Well, that shut me up. :o

The sad thing is, a few years back when collecting the Image and later AnimEigo releasings I was well aware of this.

On a positive note, i've recently come into the possession of a genuine UK imported Zatoichi beer coaster. Complete with protective travel casing and original art work.

Archived