Shaw English Dub Voice Actors

Jadedragon61

You know, with all the bull I know about old school KF flix, I really don't know the names of those guys who did all those classic, and sometimes wacky, dubs.

Anybody know?

I'll try to research it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin swords

i been wondering the same thing too but have no clue on hew the voices where in the shaw brothers movies.i been watching kung fu movies all my life and the dubs in the 60s 70s and early 80s where way better then the people hew do the dubbing now.but somebody on here probaley knows something about hew did the dubbing back in the day.

yeah I would love to know where they are now. and while at they can leave a greeting on my voicemail for .m lol

shaolin swords

i would still love to know hew dubbed the shaw brothers movies in englisg dub i dont think we will ever know though hew the names of those people where

Jadedragon61

All I have ever heard is that it was a small group of Brits, like only three guys and one woman, who worked on long-term contract with Shaw's. They dubbed damn near every film done by SB, and a whole lot of other HK stuff when SB had less work and they were loaned out to other smaller companies.

Nobody however seems to know names or any other details...

:dull

Omni Dragon

Ted Thomas(probably most famously as Lo Lieh voice in 36th Chamers)

[bBvideo 620,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRxp_CD0LHQ&feature=player_embedded[/bBvideo]

Vaughan Savigde(BBC Radio radio 3 & 4 announcer)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/people/presenters/vaughan-savidge/

He also did the Godfrey Ho & Joseph Lai.

Ed Bishop(an American who was best know for 70's sci fi UFO) apparently dubbed Bruce lee's voice in FIST OF FURY

shaolin swords

thanks for the info jrcma nice find

im not used to hearing bruce lee curse :swearing like that it thru me off guard lol :smile

Omni Dragon
thanks for the info jrcma nice find

You're welcome it helped me kill some time while I was at college.

I'll post if I find out more though it took me about 2 years from finding out about Ted Thomas to find the other 2.

im not used to hearing bruce lee curse :swearing like that it thru me off guard lol :smile

Yeah I was a little surprised the first time I heard it, I don't think I'd hear Bruce swear before that.

shaolin swords

thanks jrcma i do remember reading that on kung fu cinema forum a while back there was even another thread about that company some one was looking to see if they where still open to see if they still sell kung fu movies or something like that

thanks for posting those links

Archived