Born Invincible (1978)

SMK

Do you like the movie Born Invincible?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the movie Born Invincible?

• Yes
    • No
    • I only enjoyed the fights
    • I have yet to see it

BornInvincible.jpg
This is a movie that has been discussed with great debate on both the Kung Fu Cinema forum as well as the FLK forum, we might as well get a topic going here, and let the disciples talk about this film as well. From the previous posts I read, this is the type of film that you either like or dislike, me personally, from what I remember when I watched it about 5 years go, I REALLY enjoyed it. I remember loving the cast of this film, how can you not, it stars one of my all time favorite kung fu movie actors, that being Jack Long. This movie also features the talents of Lo Lieh, Carter Wong, Mark Long, Corey Yuen, Yuen Shun-Yi and Lung Fei. The action director of this movie, one of the best to ever do it... YUEN WO-PING! Directed by Joseph Kuo. Even though I said I "REALLY enjoyed" this film, the 1 thing that I could of did without, or at least could of did with less off, is ...... I bet you know what I'm going to say don't you? .... Yes, the whistle type thing effect every time Carter Wong's character was doing his "Tai Chi" thing!

This movie features a PURE CLASSIC intro, the showing of Carter's character as a boy to an adult, training and displaying all the techniques he's learned of "Tai Chi Kung Fu". The fights are extremely good, what else would you expect with Yuen Wo-Ping in charge? I plan on watching this movie in the near future, and will do an update to let you know if I still feel the same way about the film now, as I did when I first viewed it so many years ago.

Video of the Classic Intro to Born Invincible

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carter Wong with that freaked-out high voice and crazy cackle laugh - man, you gotta love it!

So do I take it, you 'like' the movie? Could you please cast your vote in the poll, thanks!!!

I like this film. As you point out in your description, there's little not to like. Shame the Widescreen version has not been made available in any way.

I like this film. As you point out in your description, there's little not to like. Shame the Widescreen version has not been made available in any way.

A Widescreen, English dub print would be too cool man! I am sure it's out there somewhere.

It is out there. Falkor (Giles) bought it from Toby Russel last year, along with Widescreen Shaolin Vs Lama. So far, he hasn't released them in any form.

It is out there. Falkor (Giles) bought it from Toby Russel last year, along with Widescreen Shaolin Vs Lama. So far, he hasn't released them in any form.

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember this. Oh man, why couldn't Jamal have set up that deal instead of Falkor, we would all have a copy by now...

BORN INVICIBLE IS A GREAT MOVIE MY FRIENDS,COMING SOON THE NEW RARESCOPE UNREALESED DVD,IF I HAVE MANY SUPPORT OF THIS PROJECTS I'M SHURE I WILL HAVE ONE DAY ALSO MY FINGER IN BORN INVINCIBLE AND MANY OTHER RARE'S LIKE :

5 FIGHTERS FROM SHAOLIN - 16:9 LETTERBOX

DEATH FIST - 16:9 LETTERBOX

JAMAL

THIS WILL BE A SUPRICE MY FRIEND,BUT I CAN SAY THERE ARE SOME GREAT RARESCOPE AND VENGEANCE UNREALESED DVD'S ON HIS ARCHIVE.

JAMAL

Sounds very exciting Jamal, I am definitely looking forward to some more news on this. Can't wait to get the Born Invincible widescreen as well, hopefully sooner than later.

:happy I most certainly want to purchase a copy of this from JAMAL, and I will check your page for it.

This looks like a true classic, and after watching the opening, (thanks for posting it), SMK is right about the over done"whistle" noise. :headbang:laugh

One of my all time favorites and first kung fu movie I ever watched. So much bad ass action. "Give him a quick trip to heaven."

This movie is indeed a classic in my book. I know it gets a lot of hate amongst some of the fans of the genre, but I truly love the film myself. Thanks for the comment jobloski, as well as registering, I do appreciate it.

Archived