recomend me some good 60s,70s, ninja movies

shaolin swords

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on how serious you are about ninjas. If you are a ninja purist then I'd think you need to go to the Shinobi No Mono series.... If you like watching ninja die horrible deaths under the flashing blade of a samurai, try the Lone Wolf movies. He kills some ninjas in those!

I also highly recommend the Lone Wolf movies, they are all great. Unfortunately I could not recommend much else, as most of the ninja films I've seen, were made in the 80's and 90's.

I would seek out Shadow Hunter parts 1&2 and Demon Spies for bloodshed and awesome swordplay. Now, there are lots great ninja movies out there that are not in gore department. I would recommend acquiring the below titles:

Warrior of the Wind

Shinobi No Mono series

17 Ninjas

Castle of Owls

Third Ninja

Watari the Ninja Boy - My personal favorite.

Red Shadow

Shadow Warriors

On Patrol 1&2

Ninja Hunt

Ninja Hunt (1982)

Ninja's Weapon

Ninja Wars: Black Magic Wars

Ninjitsu

Ninjitsu 2

Koga Ninja

Kagemaru of The Iga Clan

I tend to think of the Ninja films as more of a '80s phenomenon. In fact, what sort of started that craze, if I remember rightly, was Enter the Ninja, with non-martial artist Franco Nero doing the "acting" and Sho Kosugi doing the action parts.

A somewhat silly film, but a classic in its way.

post-97-144199712901_thumb.jpg

most movies I saw were not in the time period you requested, but I also recommend Shinobi No Mono series

Michael L.

I really don't get the Shinobi No Mono series... I find them kind of boring. I'd rather watch Hanzo the Razor or a '60s yakuza flick. I got the Red Mask movies for my cousin for Christmas (I think) for really cheap, though. Here's one of my cheap-ass movie buying secrets: Hamilton Books, the overstock book catalog, carries movies too... and they often have weird foreign releases like Santo, the Blind Dead and ninjas. HamiltonBook.com and the pick of the litter at the moment is Kamikaze Taxi for $4.

shaolin swords

the shinobi look pretty good but the next ninja flick im probaly going to buy is red shadow im overdo to buy some ninja flicks to

Archived