死亡遊戲 THE GAME OF DEATH Fan Project

Omni Dragon

After being inspired shukocarl79

I'm currently working on a project to do a new fan made version of 死亡遊戲 THE GAME OF DEATH.

I thought I'd share my prototype for the opening.

pzFEwtz8rF0

I'm going to uses the missing footage & try not to use any clones so I'll be using footage from the earlier Bruce Lee films. Hopefully it will turn out alright hopefully better than the 78 version anyway.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
On 1/25/2011 at 10:55 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I'm currently working on a project to do a new fan made version of 死亡遊戲 THE GAME OF DEATH.

Did you ever get round to finishing this version of BL's un-completed movie?.

Omni Dragon
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, DragonClaws said:

Did you ever get round to finishing this version of BL's un-completed movie?.

I was never quite satisfied with it, besides it was done on an old computer and I've loss most if not all the data.  

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I was never quite satisfied with it, besides it was done on an old computer and I've loss most if not all the data.  

Must be much harder than it sounds, once you start re-edting something. Whoever created the first G.O.D Fan Cut, inspired a whole wave of them. I've only ever viewed @makone excellent re-edit, while it was up on YouTube.

DT-Nice1988

I think there is no better way to create a story around the original "The Game of Death" Footage with Bruce Lee Footage, like makone did. 

Noone will ever create a version with the original Hai Tien Story Line, because there isn't enough footage. 

The only way would be, to create scenes with dolls (stop motion) or with computer animation. 

The makone version hasn't the original storyline, but feels so right. 

sifu iron perm
On 6/15/2019 at 9:02 PM, DragonClaws said:

Must be much harder than it sounds, once you start re-edting something. Whoever created the first G.O.D Fan Cut, inspired a whole wave of them. I've only ever viewed @makone excellent re-edit, while it was up on YouTube.

how was his version? give me some description of it please?

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

how was his version? give me some description of it please?

@DT-Nice1988 recently wrote down his comments on Makone's Cut, here are his comments below.

Here my thoughs on the great "Game of Death - Alternate Version" 

The Story is nearly the same as the one from "Game of Death 2.5". But makone made everything better. 

Story: Billy & Ching Ku are best friends. A Syndicate, leads by Dr. Land, try to rekrute Chin Ku, but he decline it. So they sent Slick to kill him. Billy wants revenge. But fist speaks with Chin Ku's stepdaughter, who gives him a Zelluloid film. His master, the shaolin abt, tells him to contact an interpol guy named Braithwaite to show the film. The man tells Billie, that Dr. Land and his gang are hiding in a pagoda and he also want to catch him. Around the pagoda area is a security system. It can detect any kinds of guns and close the pagoda door, in the case somebody near the pagoda has one. The interpol man don't have a martial arts expert, who is good enough to beat the guards. So Billy Lo is his best chance to catch Dr. Land and proves for his criminal actions. The man gives Billy two men for the mission (played by James Tien and Chieh Yuan) Billy knows one of them, but seems not to like him that much (James Tien). So the three men fights trough the tower and only Billy survives. Dr. Land already kills himself after noone of his men are left. At the very end Billy leaves the pagoda. 

This cut is so great. He edited all the different footage on a way... It feels like it belong together. The opening credits is a big highlight, for itself. In this he changed nearly every foootage, that was edited in. Instead of the Bruce Lee Vs. Norris Footage, he replace it With G. O. D Footage. .To create a story without plotholes, he used an easy trick. All the footage has an asian speach dub, so the most viewers don't know what the actors are speaking. He creates english subtitles. On this way he could say the actors, what he want them to say. He uses in the hole film the John Berry Game of Death Main Theme and he used the right parts on the right scenes. An example is a scene, in which Billy sees the dead body of Chin Ku at the temple and The slow Billy Lo Funeral variation starts and makes the whole scene more emotional and sad. What I am also like is the way he brings in James Tien and Chieh Yuan (So he doesn't have to cut them out). They are introduce as interpol guys, who wants to help Billie. 

Makone creates even a great scene, that gives us a reason, why Lee comes later to the pagoda fights (Tien and Yuan has to fight Dan Inosanto alone at the beginning of the footage). He combines the graveyard scene from "Enter The Dragon" with an Graveyard scene with James Tien (I don't know from Which film the footage cames from). On this way Lee and Tien have a little conversation. Lee/Lo tells him he comes later next day, he has do to one think first... And that's to kill Carl Millee after the Martial Arts Tournament. After that the film brings us, with really great footage from the original Pagoda area, to the original G. O. D Footage.

Like in the G. O. D. 2.5 Edit, he changed the Death of Dr. Land. The fake suicide is here also a real one. But there was no other way, because the originally following footage woul reveal, that Dr. Land could not hiding all the time in the pagoda (You know in the '78 Robert Clause Version, Dr. Land and his men are in the red pepper restaurant). The film ends with the self shooted scene from "Game of Death - Final Cut" (Bruce leaves the Pagoda)and some Air footage from the Area. 

Archived