Top 10 Bruceploitation?

Omni Dragon

Jadedragon61

A scanned article from Fighting Stars magazine, Summer, 1977, on Jon Chong, star of "Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave" (in the article called The Stranger). Three pages.

post-97-144199713557_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/11/2017 at 8:45 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Presented without comment

Please tell me thats a photo-shopped picture?.

1 minute ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

No chance. Yeah, the kid is talented but his dad is a royal douchebag.

Is this Bruceploitation or child exploitation?, guess there hoping to make some money off the kid? and Bruce Lee's image..

TibetanWhiteCrane

It's both, and the dad clearly only has money on his mind. He's gonna milk that kid for all he's worth. And I wouldn't wanna be that kid if he ever grows tired of the whole BL sthick.

One Armed Boxer
21 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Is this Bruceploitation or child exploitation?, guess there hoping to make some money off the kid? and Bruce Lee's image..

The kid's name is Ryuji Imai.  He has his own Facebook page here, of which most of the latest posts are of him kicking the crap out of his Mum.

I agree with @TibetanWhiteCrane that his obvious love of Bruce Lee is being exploited at the moment, and I'm far from being any kind of health expert, but I'm sure it's not natural for a 7 year old to have a body as toned and muscular as he does.

12 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'm sure it's not natural for a 7 year old to have a body as toned and muscular as he does.

There's no way thats natural.

He reminds me of a Russian child that was a bit of a media sensation, back in late 2004. Channel 5(U.K), did a feature on him, called Little Hercules, or some sensational title along those lines. This young lad, was really strong and overly developed for a pre teenager. He was bigger than the Chinese child. Turned out, his Dad had been exploiting him, forcing him to work-out, and also giving him performance enhancing drugs without the child knowing it. The father wanted to use his son, to get out of the poverty stircken place were they lived. Years later he moved to the States when his mum left her husband, for the above reasons. Guess if this happened now, he would have a YouTube channel and FaceBook etc.

38 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

And I wouldn't wanna be that kid if he ever grows tired of the whole BL sthick.

He might be tired of it all now, but it doesnt look like he's got a choice.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I've seen plenty of that kid on FB last year. Even without the context, those pics are very uncomfortable to look at and I don't know why anyone would think those are "cool".

Phantom Dreamer
2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I  agree with @TibetanWhiteCrane that his obvious love of Bruce Lee is being exploited at the moment, and I'm far from being any kind of health expert, but I'm sure it's not natural for a 7 year old to have a body as toned and muscular as he does.

The whole thing is weird, but he's not the first or last kid to be exploited by a parent and the media.

DPRhJ9TUEAAmKVZ.jpg

3 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The whole thing is weird, but he's not the first or last kid to be exploited by a parent and the media.

You shouldnt really start developing muscles like that, until your hormones really kick in.

4 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

but he's not the first or last kid to be exploited by a parent and the media.

Sadly thats very true, you'd think in todays world/climate it wouldnt be done so publicly though.

Hollywood has exploited child stars going back to the 1930's, Judy Garland being one very well known example of this.

While this title isn't among your top 10 Bruceploitation films, Bruce's Deadly Fingers is getting a Blu-ray and DVD release from VCI on March 27, 2018.  Cast includes Bruce Le, Chen Wai Man (I'm still more used to the way the actors' names were spelled in the 1970s, not the way they're spelled today), Lo Lieh, Nora Miao, Cheung Lik, Bolo Yeung, and Kong Do.   More info about this release is at CityonFire.com -

http://cityonfire.com/bruce-le-is-coming-to-blu-ray-with-bruces-deadly-fingers-dvd/

Phantom Dreamer

1987 Miller Lite ad starring "Bruce" Piscopo. Obviously, this type of advertisment wouldn't fly today for a multitude of reasons.

hqdefault.jpg

TheKungFuRobber

My Top 10 Bruceploitation:

1. Tower of Death (1981)
  2. Ninja over the Great Wall (1987)
  3. Blind Fist of Bruce (1978)
  4. The Dragon's Snake Fist (1979)
  5. New Fist of Fury (1976)
  6. Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth (1976)
  7. Big Boss '81 (1981)
  8. Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger (1978)
  9. Jackie and Bruce to the Rescue (1982)
  10. Fist of Fury II (1976)

All these movies are worth a watch in my view.

Phantom Dreamer
On 3/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

1987 Miller Lite ad starring "Bruce" Piscopo. Obviously, this type of advertisment wouldn't fly today for a multitude of reasons.

hqdefault.jpg

It has its own poster.

The superfluity around here has us scratching our heads. 

s-l800.jpg

Phantom Dreamer

84,000 followers on Instagram. I think we're scared, we are frightened and we want to know that everything will be alright when we wake up in the morning.

Archived