how are these shaw brothers movies

shaolin swords

abbot you should definitly check for bells of death i think you will like it :smile

I seen it before, just do not recall very much of it, or even if I liked it. :coveredlaugh

I remember doing a movie review everyday back on my original site, this site in case you haven't noticed does not have 1 single review yet, the day will come soon when I start knocking em out! :thumbsup

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember watching Bells of Death many years ago, and I can honestly say, I completely forgot what it was about. Which comes at no surprise considering I have an awful memory. I don't remember things from last week. :)

I will have to check it out again sometime soon, glad you liked it AlexanderFu.

Thank you for acceptingme into your place, Abbot. :cool:

After Bells of Death last night, I watched 'Invincible Armour' - another kickass movie for the st time!

This iscoming up on my 2 year anniversary of devoting all my time to watching Asian/Hong Kong movies...mostly Shaw, but others as well, & I've averaged 2 a night for well over 2 years - at least.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am to have done so.

My Shaw knowledge & recognization of the actors Is sky high!!

I will go for the 10th level of Shaw soon....no doubt!

I've averaged 2 a night for well over 2 years - at least.

This is an incredible feat. Congrats on that. After watching so many movies, do you post reviews anywhere? If not, would you be willing to do some Guest Movie Reviews here, or even the 36 Word Reviews?

I need to step my Fu movie watching game up! :smile

shaolin swords

yes i agree 2 movies per night is alot of flicks to be watching mean that in a good way..........i used to watch movies like that when i was younger some what like that.

i got to start buying more movies and watching more movies :smile

Two years ago I got a copy Of Shaolin Temple (Luckily the Shaw one!) and after that, I saw Brave Archer & His Mate, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter - the latter on Oct 21, 2010. Sincet hen, I've made it a point to see all the Shaw I can. I didn't mean to exaggerate - I watch maybe closer to one a day, or maybe 3 every 2 days on average. I had some time on my hands for recouperations. My favorite marathon was seeing Battle Wizard & Buddha's Palm one nght & Holy Flame of the Martial World &Demon of the Lute the next night - first time I ever saw any of them. That was great beause I knew from that what type of story I liked & that is the crazy Chor Yuen type movies with lots of spotlight colors & cool 'in studio' set pieces. First though I saw all Fu Sheng Moves, then Venom Mob movies & while doing this, I found which actors I like best - mostly the crew of regulars Chor Yuen, Chang Cheh & Sun Chung used. I then seeked out any movie with any of these actors & it's been going strong since!

'The Delinquent' - Made me a Wang Chung fan! (Hope I got the name right)

Yueh Hua -all of a sudden I found out - he is just a bad ass!!!

after a bunch of his movies, it was clear he is a good guarantee for a watchable movie at the very least.

Fan Mei Sheng, KuFeng, Lo Lieh, Ling Yun, Lau Wing, Ku Kuan Chung....reasons to watch any movie they are in!

Death Duel is a top favorite - Killer Clans, The Magic Blade....right there with it.

Sorry for all that! - just a little background on what & why I like Shaw. :cool:

Two years ago I got a copy Of Shaolin Temple (Luckily the Shaw one!) and after that, I saw Brave Archer & His Mate, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter - the latter on Oct 21, 2010. Sincet hen, I've made it a point to see all the Shaw I can. I didn't mean to exaggerate - I watch maybe closer to one a day, or maybe 3 every 2 days on average. I had some time on my hands for recouperations. My favorite marathon was seeing Battle Wizard & Buddha's Palm one nght & Holy Flame of the Martial World &Demon of the Lute the next night - first time I ever saw any of them. That was great beause I knew from that what type of story I liked & that is the crazy Chor Yuen type movies with lots of spotlight colors & cool 'in studio' set pieces. First though I saw all Fu Sheng Moves, then Venom Mob movies & while doing this, I found which actors I like best - mostly the crew of regulars Chor Yuen, Chang Cheh & Sun Chung used. I then seeked out any movie with any of these actors & it's been going strong since!

'The Delinquent' - Made me a Wang Chung fan! (Hope I got the name right)

Yueh Hua -all of a sudden I found out - he is just a bad ass!!!

after a bunch of his movies, it was clear he is a good guarantee for a watchable movie at the very least.

Fan Mei Sheng, KuFeng, Lo Lieh, Ling Yun, Lau Wing, Ku Kuan Chung....reasons to watch any movie they are in!

Death Duel is a top favorite - Killer Clans, The Magic Blade....right there with it.

Sorry for all that! - just a little background on what & why I like Shaw. :cool:

Oh no, please do not apologize, I love these kind of posts. It's always great to hear what a fellow fan thinks of a certain movie or movies, after all, this forum is all about sharing our love of the genre. Please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings as you may.

Thank you Abbot. :cool . I made a thread for the movies I've seen as I knock them out. I hope some people will chime in with their thoughts on the movies I list there. I wish I did this a while ago. :thumbsup

Archived