how are these shaw brothers movies

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i was thinking on buying these movies but never saw any of them so can some of you tell me how these movies are befor i buy thanks.

new tales of the flying fox

village of tigers

heads for sale

six assassin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I've only watched a little bit of New Tales. It bored me, and I turned it off after about 15 minutes. The action just didn't interest me, and neither did the story. I have Six Assassins and Heads for Sale but haven't had a chance to watch them. If you don't get anymore responses here, post this question on kungfucinema.com forum.

shaolin swords

morgoth i always post on the kung fu cinema forum my user name on there is shaolin swords.when you watch the heads for sale and six assassin movie please let me know how they where when you get a chance thanks.

i was thinking on buying these movies but never saw any of them so can some of you tell me how these movies are before i buy thanks.

new tales of the flying fox

village of tigers

heads for sale

six assassin

Village of Tigers is by the same director (Griffin Yueh Feng) who gave us Young Avenger - which I really enjoyed. I recall VoT being a bit of a letdown though; especially after seeing YA -- but its all subjective. NTotFF was disappointing. I have Heads for Sale but yet to watch.

shaolin swords

the abbot sent me a copie last week a dvd-r also rendezvous with death i just got it yestarday thanks again

the abbot sent me a copie last week a dvd-r also rendezvous with death i just got it yestarday thanks again

Ah very cool of Abbot....at least you finally got to watch Heads. ;)

I've seen all but the Flying Fox. I just saw Heads For Sale recently (maybe I told you that when we chatted) and thought it was better than expected. Six Assassins I haven't watched for several months, but remember liking it. Ling Yun is usually good in anything. I got Village of Tigers (I like Yueh Hua a lot, so I probably loved this, but need to see again), The Tigress of Shaolin and The Winged Tiger at about the same time and I think they all ran together. Usually if I dislike something or don't see it as something I'll watch repeatedly, it gets given away or traded.

shaolin swords

rendzevous with death looks like a really good movie but the dvd-r was defected so i could not watch the full movie still wondering what the hell he was carring in the case that was so imported i guess i will have to buy the movie to find out haaahaaaa :sad:sad

...as soon as Football is over for the day, I'm gonna try to watch 'Men From the Gutter' - It has some great actors (Lo Meng, Jason Pai Piao, Lee Hoi San...)

It is a modern setting, and I can't wait to see it - I only hope it is good

(Even the worst Shaw movie isn't terrible - I just love this film company!)

Anyway, I wanted to see if there were asny opinions on this....

Enjoy the weekend - what is left of it!

shaolin swords

man i got to start buying more kung fu movies i been slacking lately still got to get rendzevous with death

For Rendevous With Death - What 'Sorrow' is carrying in the case is the ultimate indignity!

There is a dub for that if you like dubs. I like to get dubs for everything that has one.

shaolin swords

i take dubs over subs too but where can you get this movie in dubbed in english theres 1 place i know of but they are bootlegs or are you talking about downloading it if you could tell me the name of the website where to get it dubbed i would appreciate it

thanks

i take dubs over subs too but where can you get this movie in dubbed in english theres 1 place i know of but they are bootlegs or are you talking about downloading it if you could tell me the name of the website where to get it dubbed i would appreciate it

thanks

I'll get in touch via PM.

:cool

i sent you a message back dont know if you got it or not

:smile

Yep - I will repy to it in a bit - you are very close!

I watched a modern setting Shaw last night - 'The Criminals'

It is 3 or 4 short stories in the vein of 'Trilogy of Swordsmanship'.

The 1st outraged me & I was kind of sick - without giving it up! (Shih Szu is in this one)

The last one had Lo Lieh in it & the wife of Yueh Hua, Tanny - she is sooo smoking!!! ALL the time!!!!'

All in all it was very good - Shaw is really hard not to like, althuogh there are some that are subpar, but I recomend this. lo Lieh actually works as a stuntman for Shaw Brothers Studio in this film and I found that to be pretty cool!

send you back a message check when you get a chance

:thumbsup

I'm watching 'The Bells of Death' for the 1st time tonight and if is incredible!

I'm at the 48:35 mark and I'll say it is one of the best of the late '60's to '73 period, which isn't my favorite Shaw period - The Black Tavern is another good one from that time off the top of my head!

I remember watching Bells of Death many years ago, and I can honestly say, I completely forgot what it was about. Which comes at no surprise considering I have an awful memory. I don't remember things from last week. :)

I will have to check it out again sometime soon, glad you liked it AlexanderFu.

here what I put in my film journal(when I bothered to write one) about BELLS OF DEATH:"5/6/11 BELLS OF DEATH 60's swordplay SB 60's classic feel kike ONE ARMED SWORDS MAN (ENG dub)" when I said Eng dub at the end I was referring to BELLS OF DEATH I want to quote it exactly you see.

Archived