Chang Shan

Morgoth Bauglir

Super Ninja

Dear fellow members, please enjoy my interview with Chang Shan.

https://cityonfire.com/cof-presents-interview-with-classic-kung-fu-star-chang-shan-robert-tai-toby-russell-eternal-films-of-cooks-and-kung-fu-seven-steps-golden-wheel-lama-shaolin-vs-lama/

Yes it's me, COF's worst writer, finally comfortable removing my ninja hoodie. Hope the family don't mind it took me this long. Buddha bless.

:bs_martialgreeting:

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

When it said worst writer at COF, I said to myself when did Paul find time to interview Chan? :monk_pullingface: He still looks good! Gave honest upfront answers and still a pretty good memory after nearly 40 years. Worth the 4 year wait for it to make it to print.

• Like 4

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

When it said worst writer at COF, I said to myself when did Paul find time to interview Chan? :monk_pullingface: He still looks good! Gave honest upfront answers and still a pretty good memory after nearly 40 years. Worth the 4 year wait for it to make it to print.

Good one. Paul is a reviewing machine, COF is lucky to have him. Speaking of, thx for your suggestions @One Armed Boxer!

Looks great and is in pretty good shape. His memory is ridiculous! 

That's good to hear, thanks @Yihetuan 

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Dear fellow members, please enjoy my interview with Chang Shan.

https://cityonfire.com/cof-presents-interview-with-classic-kung-fu-star-chang-shan-robert-tai-toby-russell-eternal-films-of-cooks-and-kung-fu-seven-steps-golden-wheel-lama-shaolin-vs-lama/

Yes it's me, COF's worst writer, finally comfortable removing my ninja hoodie. Hope the family don't mind it took me this long. Buddha bless.

:bs_martialgreeting:

Since this interview was conducted a few years ago, is it safe to say the martial arts film he talked about with Lee Tso Nam never came to fruition?

• Like 4

Super Ninja
7 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Since this interview was conducted a few years ago, is it safe to say the martial arts film he talked about with Lee Tso Nam never came to fruition?

I'm not so sure as brother Shan was pretty serious about it and I know he and LTN are very good friends and often hang together. There's very little information about these more recent project either of them or both were/are involved. For a more detailed info I would have to ask him, if I find out anything, I'll share here.

6 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

It was a nice read. Thanks. @Super Ninja

Thanks for reading @legendarycurry

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
11 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Awesome interview Matija, I learnt a lot from Shan's insights, and that's thanks to your line of questioning! I remember a few interviews with him were published after the event in London a few years back, but this blows all of them away (and I'm not just saying that because I also write for COF! :tongueout).

Thanks for the kind words, and all good on the suggestions as well, the final version has a great flow!

10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

When it said worst writer at COF, I said to myself when did Paul find time to interview Chan?

Well now, you must be tired of living.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Awesome interview Matija, I learnt a lot from Shan's insights, and that's thanks to your line of questioning! I remember a few interviews with him were published after the event in London a few years back, but this blows all of them away (and I'm not just saying that because I also write for COF! :tongueout).

Thanks for the kind words, and all good on the suggestions as well, the final version has a great flow!

Those words carry a lot of weight coming from you Paul, thank you! 

Allow me to use this opportunity to congratulate you on the work done for 88 Films, well deserved. 

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Well now, you must be tired of living.

Best line ever! 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja

As you all probably know by now, a devastating earthquake with the epicenter in Hualien hit Taiwan yesterday, the strongest one in the last 25 years. 

I contacted Chang Shan to check on him and I'm glad to report he and his family are safe and well. 

Just thought you guys might be interested to hear this. Hope yesterday's bad news are the last we'll hear from Taiwan.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 3