Post your most interesting/unusual Bruce Photo

Jadedragon61

[thumbnail=center]http://www.joelewisfightingsystems.com/photo_gallery/images/Medium/JLWithBruceLeeKicking_Medium.jpg[/thumbnail]

Bruce and (then) world heavyweight karate champion Joe Lewis with "trade side kicks" pose. No date is given, but it was taken at one of Ed Parker's Long Beach International Tournaments, CA, so I guessimate it's around 1966 or 67.

If you've got an interesting/ unusual Bruce photo, please post!

• Like 1

leeaxe.jpg

This is probably not a very rare pic, but it is still a "different look" for Bruce. Does this pic have anything to do with the Shaw Brothers, if I remember correctly?

• Like 1

I believe that when Bruce was considering a contract at Shaws, he did makeup and costume tests. Thank heavens someone was taking photo's! I am sure that he was much happier to work with Raymond Chow, but oh, the thought of having Bruce in a Shaw film... it would have been GLORIOUS!

• Like 1

Dose my avatar count I post that all the time lol :rofl

But this is something I could do maybe I'll pick one out of my KFCF album.

• Like 1

What isnt known generally is that Bruce did costume tests at Golden Harvest and Shaw Brothers. The pics with the brick background were at Golden Harvest, the ones with the plain background , like below, were at Shaw Brothers.

shaw_10.jpg

shaw_08.jpg

shaw_03.jpg

shaw_11.jpg

• Like 1

leeaxe.jpg

This is probably not a very rare pic, but it is still a "different look" for Bruce. Does this pic have anything to do with the Shaw Brothers, if I remember correctly?

If I remember this rumor correctly :thinking Bruce was in tough negotiations with Ray Chow after the first two films and wanted a much bigger share on the next (what turned out as Way of the Dragon, co-produced with Chow via their new company Concord Films). So just to put the pressure on Chow he went up for a talk with Run Run and took a bunch of random photos for an undetermined project - of course, Chow had to give in to Bruce and take him in as a partner. It's been said that Bruce had a strong dislike for the way films were made at Shaw's, and also because Run Run had given Bruce a very low offer just before Bruce signed with Chow. Anyway, I tend to think that Bruce never really had any intention to work with Shaw. Too bad, as there were quality guys or him to work with there.

There are some shots of Bruce walking around Shaw's, meeting "the guys".[thumbnail=center]http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/docs/large/lestroisdragonschenchiangetbruce_cd54943fb76812cc5a4174e2d2049b82.jpg[/thumbnail]

• Like 1

I have an original Chinese Connection lobby display, but I can't find my pictures of it. They may have been lost when the old external hard drive died. I'll have to pull it out of storage and take new ones...

• Like 1

How about this one:

28629-large.jpg

I don't have that exact copy, but I have a VHS copy sitting right here next to my desk!

• Like 1

I can't get the pic to post, but I love the one of Bruce as a blind character. It would have been an awesome movie!

I know the photos you are talking about, they are also from the Shaw session: in blind-swordsman get-up.

Those photos are indeed cool, but I also have not seen them around for a while...

• Like 1

I have them in a hardcover tribute to Bruce Lee that was published by one of the martial arts magazines (I think Black Belt). Those books are in storage at the moment, though...

• Like 1

More rare shot:

Bruce and Steve Mcqueen (The only shot i know of them together)

Big Boss Saw in head different angle

Silent Flute location in India

leemcqueen.jpg

sawhead1.jpg

flyingkicksflute.jpg

• Like 1

Check it out:

Rare Bruce photos, some very nice. Very early, see Bruce with Wendy Wagner!

And dig this: Is that Sharon Tate on the left?

post-97-144199712925_thumb.jpg

• Like 1