Legendary Weapons of China

SMK

LegendaryWeaponsOfChina_%20(18).jpg
From what I remember of this movie, the action was tops, especially the end fight, utilizing all the traditional Kung Fu weapons. This movie really does live up to its title. But if I remember correctly, I don't so much recall the story being something that was easily followed. For those of you that remember this one, please tell me if the story was good or bad. I definitely would love to rewatch this one, soon, just to see if my memory serves me right. At least I know I would enjoy the action scenes. So, what you think of this 1982 SB film? Please let me know, give me your thoughts on this film.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lau Kar Leung and Lau Kar Wing are jaw dropping and mind blowing as they show their skills in this film. Master Lau uses the camera with his expertise that frames their choreography to it's full advantage. It also showcases Hsiao Ho, Kara Hui Ying Hung, Gordon Liu Chia Hui (sometimes known as Lau Kar Fei) and Fu Sheng in a special guest role.

The plot can be slightly confusing in the first viewing, but it all makes sense if you watch it again, especially the sub title version, and it has a lot to say about the Boxer Rebellion sacrificing the lives of so many, (as does Chang Cheh's Boxer Rebellion (1976), in a completely different tragic way).

Lau Kar Leung and Lau Kar Wing are jaw dropping and mind blowing as they show their skills in this film. Master Lau uses the camera with his expertise that frames their choreography to it's full advantage. It also showcases Hsiao Ho, Kara Hui Ying Hung, Gordon Liu Chia Hui (sometimes known as Lau Kar Fei) and Fu Sheng in a special guest role.

The plot can be slightly confusing in the first viewing, but it all makes sense if you watch it again, especially the sub title version, and it has a lot to say about the Boxer Rebellion sacrificing the lives of so many, (as does Chang Cheh's Boxer Rebellion (1976), in a completely different tragic way).

Thank you for this, this is exactly the kind of post I was looking for. Now I may have a better understanding of why I don't recall the story being very "understandable" :thinking ... It may have to do with the fact that I have only seen this film dubbed. I will definitely view this one in my next viewing in it's original language with English subtitles. Thank you Mars for this. Had you not mentioned the language, I may have watched this movie again, with the dub. :smile

If there was a top ten list for the best SB films, I would put this one on the first place. It has everything I expect from a good kung fu film: great choreography, fist fights, weapons, intrigues, interesting sets, very distinctive atmosphere and some of the humor which in this case is not needed and the Fu Sheng part is crazy. But all in all my best loved SB classic. And Kara Hui is the best in this imho.

If there was a top ten list for the best SB films, I would put this one on the first place. It has everything I expect from a good kung fu film: great choreography, fist fights, weapons, intrigues, interesting sets, very distinctive atmosphere and some of the humor which in this case is not needed and the Fu Sheng part is crazy. But all in all my best loved SB classic. And Kara Hui is the best in this imho.

I still have yet to see this one in its original language, but really need to do so at some point. As far as the action is concerned, it really is TOP NOTCH stuff, indisputable!!!

The first time I attempted to watch this, it was dubbed and VHS. About twenty minutes in, I couldn't handle it. Later I got the Celestial IVL DVD and was blown away. I am definitely not the sort that likes dubbed movies and this was a perfect example of why. It made no sense, but the original is truly a special movie!

The first time I attempted to watch this, it was dubbed and VHS. About twenty minutes in, I couldn't handle it. Later I got the Celestial IVL DVD and was blown away. I am definitely not the sort that likes dubbed movies and this was a perfect example of why. It made no sense, but the original is truly a special movie!

I absolutely LOVE the old school dubs, but you just reminded me that I have been meaning to watch this movie in its original language to see if it all gels better together.

To me i liked the dub. I understood it for the most part. It didn't say much about boxer rebellion in the dub but it definitely made sense why he disbanned the hunan branch as well as why they wanted to kill him.

Archived