Favourite/Top 4 of Bruce's Martial Art Films?

Omni Dragon

Favourite/Top 4 of Bruce's Martial Art Films?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite/Top 4 of Bruce's Martial Art Films?

• THE BIG BOSS(FISTS OF FURY)
    • FIST OF FURY(THE CHINESE CONNECTION)
    • WAY OF THE DRAGON(RETURN OF THE DRAGON)
    • ENTER THE DRAGON

What's your Favourite of Bruce's Martial Art Film's I would prefer if you didn't include THE GAME OF DEATH even The Lost footage.

1.FIST OF FURY

2.WAY OF THE DRAGON

In regards to THE BIG BOSS & ENTER THE DRAGON I'm always a bit unsure.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite would have to be hands down... The Big Boss. This was the first Bruce Lee film I saw as a kid and it brings a nostalgic feel everytime I watch it. My second would have to be Way of the Dragon. I like seeing Bruce in a comedic role but will still kick your ass in a heart beat.

My favorite would have to be hands down... The Big Boss. This was the first Bruce Lee film I saw as a kid and it brings a nostalgic feel everytime I watch it. My second would have to be Way of the Dragon. I like seeing Bruce in a comedic role but will still kick your ass in a heart beat.

Not fists down :smile

the first of Bruce's I saw happens to be my favourite as well but the only reason I saw FOF first was because I got the order mixed up not as big a mix up as calling it THE CHINESE CONNECTION lol :smile

Enter The Dragon and Fist Of Fury are the most re-watchable. Way Of The Dragon is ok for the action, especially the Norris fight, Big Boss is , to be honest average, without Bruce it would be awful.

Tony1441996346

My favourite in terms of fight choreography is Way Of The Dragon followed by Enter The Dragon. My only gripe with Enter The Dragon is that Bruce never got to fight Bolo which always seemed strange to me. Then again, Michael Allin's screenplay had Roper face Bolo. I'd then opt for Fist Of Fury followed by The Big Boss.

My favourite in terms of fight choreography is Way Of The Dragon followed by Enter The Dragon. My only gripe with Enter The Dragon is that Bruce never got to fight Bolo which always seemed strange to me. Then again, Michael Allin's screenplay had Roper face Bolo. I'd then opt for Fist Of Fury followed by The Big Boss.

The Clones of Bruce Lee had many fights against Bolo.

It have to be Big Boss for me, i think that this movie of all Bruces have actually the best story, great action and you gotta love those Thai extras :smile , second would probably be Fist of Fury, very good flick with great fights, but i find Big Boss quiet better.

Fist of Fury followed by Enter the Dragon for me. Enter just has has a special place (LOT'S of nostalgia) as that's the movie that first got me into Bruce all those years ago.

I think Way of the Dragon was his best. Reason: I rate the coliseum fight with Norris as the top action sequence all-time. That fight has an actual theme (i.e., Tang Lung moving from classical to non-classical), continuity of action, and the two guys (i.e., Bruce and Chuck) performing can put the scene over.

Next, I like Enter, as the production values are much better than the other three. The supporting actors (namely Jim Kelly, John Saxon, and Shek Kin), were great for their roles.

I tend to think of Big Boss and Connection as of about the same level. What mars both however is lack of another good guy to work with (this is why Bruce brought in his friend Bob Baker for CC). Both films stand however as classics in the genre.

Anyway, the main point on Bruce is that he was the best. Top martial artist and trend-setter in action film. Inosanto called him the Galileo of the martial arts. Better expressed, Bruce was the Newton of the martial arts, and the Da Vinci of action films.

Archived