The Walking Dead on Blu-ray

SMK

TheWalkingDead-Blu-ray.jpg
Recently announced, the DVD & Blu-ray release for my FAVORITE TV show of 2010, the hit series, The Walking Dead. If you have not seen this show, and enjoy watching a TV show with a great story, a lot of gore, and hordes of zombies, then you must pick this series up.

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Anchor Bay Entertainment has revealed the final details for The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season, which will hit store shelves on March 8. The release will consist of Blu-ray two discs including the six episodes of the first season of this post-apocalyptic saga set in a world overrun by zombies, with special behind-the-scenes featurettes and "insightful extra footage."

Special features include:

* The Making of The Walking Dead
* Inside The Walking Dead: Episode 1-6
* A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
* Behind the Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
* Convention panel with producers
* Extra Footage:
o Zombie School
o Bicycle Girl
o On Set with Robert Kirkman
o Hanging with Steven Yeun
o Inside Dale's RV
o On Set with Andrew Lincoln
* Trailer

[source]Blu-ray.com]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to kill zombies sooooo bad!

Should I not be praying for a Zombie Apocalypse?

What actually looked like fun, was the scene in the Dawn of the Dead remake, where they were on top of building, taking out a few select zombies in the parking lot. I know it looked like a good ol' time to most, but if we REALLY had a zombie apocalypse, especially with those olympic athlete marathon type, I am pretty sure it would not be as cool as people think it might be.

Most of us would probably be scared shitless! :rofl

EDIT: Here's that scene I was referring to.

[bBvideo 620,385]

[/bBvideo]

Besides having the longer Season 2 of The Walking Dead to look forward to, coming to a TV near you this Halloween, we have 3 NEW zombie shows in the works.

• A show called “Awakening” is destined for the CW network and is going to follow two sisters as they battle the beginning of the Zombpocalypse (Charmed anyone?).

• Sony Pictures Television will produce a show based on Jonathan Maberry’s novel Patient Zero, titled “Department Zero”. The show will most likely follow the Department of Military Sciences and their reaction and investigation of several Zombie outbreaks.

• Hold on to your hats: NBC has picked up a show called “Zombies Vs Vampires”. The plot revolves around two cops who investigate Zombie crimes. The kicker is that one of the cops is actually a closet Vampire. Not that We at ZZN blame him… we’d hide a shameful fact like that too.

Info courtesy of ZombieZoneNews

To me, "Awakening" sounds the most promising. I doubt any of these shows can match the gore as shown in The Walking Dead. :puke

Yeah, it's looking good. Even Stephen King is being lined up to write a forthcoming episode. However, it seems we'll have to wait for season three for Michone to introduced. And Frank Darabont has confirmed they will be going to the prision at some point in season two, opening the way for the Governor to appear in maybe season three.

Yeah, it's looking good. Even Stephen King is being lined up to write a forthcoming episode. However, it seems we'll have to wait for season three for Michone to introduced. And Frank Darabont has confirmed they will be going to the prision at some point in season two, opening the way for the Governor to appear in maybe season three.

Obviously you've read the comics as well. Very good to hear about the inclusion of the "prison" and especially the possibility of seeing the character "The Governor", that would be so sick. Wonder how much they could show on TV though.

Yeah, I've read all the comics. I think they will have to tone him down a bit for TV, especially the stuff with his daughter. But still so many ways to explore his character. And we've yet to even see the true nature of Rick's character onscreen yet. Folks expecting him to remain the good guy local cop are in for a shock.

The Walking Dead stagger-on roll sweepstakes:

http://www.thewalkingdeadsweepstakes.com/

One lucky winner gets a trip for 2 to the set of The Walking Dead Season 3. Get transformed into the flesh-eating dead by Greg Nicotero's creature team.

Prize includes:

-A stagger-on role for winner only.

-A visit to the set of AMC's The Walking Dead

-Roundtrip airfare for winner and guest

-3 day/2night hotel accommodations

-Ground transportation between airport and hotel

-$500 spending cash!

The Walking Dead stagger-on roll sweepstakes:

http://www.thewalkingdeadsweepstakes.com/

One lucky winner gets a trip for 2 to the set of The Walking Dead Season 3. Get transformed into the flesh-eating dead by Greg Nicotero's creature team.

Prize includes:

-A stagger-on role for winner only.

-A visit to the set of AMC's The Walking Dead

-Roundtrip airfare for winner and guest

-3 day/2night hotel accommodations

-Ground transportation between airport and hotel

-$500 spending cash!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just entered my daughter. We loved the first episode of Season 2 btw.

Archived