Bruce Lee My Brother

mmacchia5

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to see this over the weekend and to be honest, I liked it. 

It captured the feel of Hong Kong circa 1950's and featured a wonderful casting in Tony Leung Ka-Fai as Lee Hoi-Chuen and Christy Chung as Grace Ho. I thought Aarif Rahman did pretty well as the teenage Bruce Lee, even if he wasn't a trained martial artist. Chin Kar-Lok did well in training him IMO. I like that it didn't have just action and action and action. The dramatic elements of the film really drove the film, but when Rahman did fight in those two scenes against Alex Yen, they were not bad IMO. 

I like the fact that Robert and Agnes Lee actually introduced the film and Robert being the narrator. The kid playing Robert in the later scenes was a hoot sometimes. 

To hear Shannon had debated suing Robert for this movie would have been a totally bad move on her part. This film proves that Bruce was not just a martial artist and a philosopher, but was a human being who just had typical teenage issues and let his ego get to him at times yet at the same time, showed respect towards those he cared about, and it was just the beginning of what we would see when he became the martial arts hero we all love today. 

IMO, the best Bruce biopic made. Period.

Yep, I've had this for awhile now. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

I got to see this over the weekend and to be honest, I liked it. 

It captured the feel of Hong Kong circa 1950's and featured a wonderful casting in Tony Leung Ka-Fai as Lee Hoi-Chuen and Christy Chung as Grace Ho. I thought Aarif Rahman did pretty well as the teenage Bruce Lee, even if he wasn't a trained martial artist. Chin Kar-Lok did well in training him IMO. I like that it didn't have just action and action and action. The dramatic elements of the film really drove the film, but when Rahman did fight in those two scenes against Alex Yen, they were not bad IMO. 

I like the fact that Robert and Agnes Lee actually introduced the film and Robert being the narrator. The kid playing Robert in the later scenes was a hoot sometimes. 

To hear Shannon had debated suing Robert for this movie would have been a totally bad move on her part. This film proves that Bruce was not just a martial artist and a philosopher, but was a human being who just had typical teenage issues and let his ego get to him at times yet at the same time, showed respect towards those he cared about, and it was just the beginning of what we would see when he became the martial arts hero we all love today. 

Given that Shannon "green lighted" that horribly absurd Chinese production presented as a biographical series, she really needs to STFU. I'm trying to remain respectful of Lee's daughter but it is difficult when she whore's his name for cash at every opportunity. The fact that she even considered suing his family says volumes about her sense of respect or lack of.

Phantom Dreamer
On 10/19/2015 at 11:03 PM, SteyrAUG said:

Given that Shannon "green lighted" that horribly absurd Chinese production presented as a biographical series, she really needs to STFU. I'm trying to remain respectful of Lee's daughter but it is difficult when she whore's his name for cash at every opportunity. The fact that she even considered suing his family says volumes about her sense of respect or lack of.

Now we'll have "Little Dragon" to compare this to.

1 hour ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Now we'll have "Little Dragon" to compare this to.

Bruce Lee, My Brother was solid. I'll be impressed if the new movie is better. One thing Shannon has behind her is a very good director. 

But honestly, i could give a rat's ass about Bruce's early days. Crucial times, yes, but the interesting times would be 1970 to 1973 :)

Phantom Dreamer

Yes, 1970-73 is the most interesting time period, but it will likely never be shown objectively as long as the "Bruce Lee Family Company" "Bruce Lee Enterprises" or whatever other names Shannon is using to milk her father's legacy. I can't keep track anymore.

Archived