Jack Long

SMK

The7Grandmasters+1978-33-b.jpg

One of my all time favorite martial artist to watch in Classic Kung Fu films, is none other than Jack Long. One of the things I like most about Jack's style, is his acrobatics and his ability to pull some impressive shapes. I am pretty sure there is no double used for all the flipping and twirling Jack does in his films. I've seen Jack in several films, and I much prefer his look with the silver streaked hair. Jack has been a part of some of the BEST films the genre has to offer, a couple of them are even listed in my all time TOP 10 favorite films. Jack has been in such classics as; The Mystery of Chess Boxing, 7 Grandmasters, Ninja Hunter, Five Fighters From Shaolin, Born Invincible, The Unbeaten 28, Shaolin Ex Monk and many more.

*In this picture, notice the tape from the wig? :laugh

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I also love Jack Long very much, he was excellent in 7 Grandmasters, i always wondered what is his background and is he related with Mark Long?

• Like 2

I also love Jack Long very much, he was excellent in 7 Grandmasters, i always wondered what is his background and is he related with Mark Long?

I remember reading in a post on the FLK forum, that Jack and Mark are in fact NOT related at all. I forgot who stated this, and I am not 100% sure myself.

• Like 2

I remember reading in a post on the FLK forum, that Jack and Mark are in fact NOT related at all. I forgot who stated this, and I am not 100% sure myself.

I'm also pretty sure that they are not related.

• Like 2

I don't think Long is either's family name but it's cool for a Martial Art star as it means Dragon you know Bruce Lee did the same with his stage name.

I think Jack is really a Wang or Wong & Mark is really a Lau or Liu.

I think Jack's real name is Wang Chiang in Mandarin & Wong Keung in Cantonese.

& Mark is Lau Ching Fat.

• Like 2

Morgoth Bauglir

Agreed this guy is amazing. I wish he would have had more comedic roles like Boxer's Adventure. "You're dead? You die easy!"

• Like 3

HK Movie Database gives 龍世家 (Long Sai Jia) as his Chinese name. I would tend to think that Long, although possible, is not the correct surname, but is the usual moniker for Asian action actors.

The following Chinese aliases are given: 汪強 (Wang Chiang ) 王強 ( read the same! Wang Chiang )

And further gives this long list of English rendered aliases: Jack Long, Lung Shih-Chia, Wang Chiang, Wong Keung, Lung Si-Kar, Wang Qiang, Long Hsu-Chia, Wang Cheng.

To me, he's Jack Long - one of the 7 grandmaster dudes :laugh

• Like 2

J-Smooth143

7 Grandmasters was my favorite film of his, but i must admit i'm also a fan of "World of Drunken Master" as well, let's all go out and get some "SWEET PREMIUM WINE!!!!!!!!!!"

Mexican Language Poster:

wodm.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 2

7 Grandmasters is pure gold! World of Drunken Master is tops as well. Thanks for sharing that poster J-Smooth, I had not seen that one before.

• Like 2

I was pleasantly surprised by his uncredited bit in SAKURA KILLERS:

3241624f712aecac77cd2d43c9df0abf226756a3.jpg

That's definitely Jack there in the middle? Was he able to show off his cool acrobatic skills in SAKURA KILLERS?

• Like 2

Secret Executioner

Just bought a DVD copy of 7 Grandmasters - can't believe I had been passing this one for so long without getting the slight bit of interest until now and noticing Joseph Kuo was credited as director (which is why I picked it up initially and I just realized what it was). :clappinghands

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
[attachment=0]JackLong-KungFuCinemaLegend.png[/attachment]

Somehow, this made me think there should be a 36 Styles shirt design dedicated to Jack Long. :happy

• Like 2