Rankings

SMK

So does mean that our posts on KFC will apply to our new ranking?

Yes sir. You have 4,004 posts on KFF. Combined with what you have here so far, that's 4,047!!!

Should I add a higher ranking than the current 3,600 posts, MASTER OF THE 36TH CHAMBER?

Feedback please.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Yes sir. You have 4,004 posts on KFF. Combined with what you have here so far, that's 4,047!!!

Should I add a higher ranking than the current 3,600 posts, MASTER OF THE 36TH CHAMBER?

Feedback please.

Hah! You could spread the # of posts for Crippled Master With Cracked Fingers with the ranks on either side of it, and use that one for a higher # posts (which is surely what caused the cracked fingers to begin with). :tongueout I kid. I'm good with your system.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah Bob is BMOC with his posts. I think 3 or 4 should make the 34/35th chamber. I need to up my posts a couple hundred to get to that "The Big Boss of Shanghai" rank. I dig that.

Well, you've done it, you're "the" Big Boss of Shanghai.  Watch out for that well dressed mustache guy.  He's tough. 

I'm kinda sad I missed out on being a Hong Kong Godfather.  I would have been able to carry around a big knife and wear a black rain coat.  It would have been a lot of fun. 

Is there any way to advance past the Master of 36?  Maybe at 5000 posts?  It's an honor to be in charge of this chamber, but sometimes I feel like I could do more good as- a Ninja Terminator. Or maybe- a student of Jaguar Wong.  Or what about- Master of the Garfield phone. 

Feedback please.

I say you could add some more levels in between as it's fun to see the names change but be challenged, but I think that the highest level should be MASTER OF THE 36TH CHAMBER. Even if people go past it, that the 3600 number fits and besides we are all from different places so it is not like any of the masters who have achieved that level would have to fight for their right to be the TRUE Master in their city!!!!!! (unless they wanted to!!!):monk_laughing:

Feedback please.

I also have been meaning to say that regardless of how many posts you have your number should jump up as you have obviously mastered all of the levels in a phenomenal period of time just like Gordon did!! So you can raise your numbers of posts just on general principle!! No one should out number the Abbot!! (especially with out a fight!!):monk_flirting:

@Morgoth Bauglir @Hei Meigui

I just talked to the brother @KUNG FU BOB about adding a higher rank. What we decided to do, is add 1 additional level to reach.

7,200 Posts! (3,600 + 3,600 = 7,200) 

Instead of us deciding and setting the name of the this extremely high level rank title, we decided that as a reward for reaching such an impressive amount of posts, you will be able to SET YOUR OWN RANK TITLE!!!

Of course, the title can not be anything others would find offensive. If someone did set their rank title something we feel does not comply, we will ask that person the kindly change their title. If we do not hear back from them or the title was not changed within 36 hours, we would then edit their title back to MASTER OF THE 36TH CHAMBER, and take this privilege away. 

I hope you guys like this added incentive for contributing on the forum.

:bs_martialgreeting:

Secret Executioner

Wait until I reach it and there'll definitely be someone who "masters the Supreme Power of the Golden Ninja Warrior" around here (if it's not too long).  :coveredlaugh 

Well, you've done it, you're "the" Big Boss of Shanghai.  Watch out for that well dressed mustache guy.  He's tough. 

Is there a problem?

Morgoth Bauglir

Are you not familiar with Big Boss of Shanghai?  (Mustache guy, well dressed, the villain from the movie..)

I would say my level would be "One Armed Divine Nun" or "Mistress of the Heaven and Earth Society - (Tiandihui)"!!

One Armed Boxer

Are you not familiar with Big Boss of Shanghai?  (Mustache guy, well dressed, the villain from the movie..)

Perhaps our rankings should also come with thumbnails?  Either way, if they did then the Big Boss of Shanghai should come with this one, a true picture of refinement - 

06.jpg

I would say my level would be "One Armed Divine Nun" 

If you were waiting to become the 'One Armed Divine Nun' on the old kfc forum, chances are you'd probably never get there, or if you did, you might just get the thumbnail and not the title itself.:tongueout

Here on the Kung Fu Fandom Forum, there are a total of 36 levels of ranks to achieve. This is a breakdown of how many posts is required to reach each level, and the names for each rank.

Rankings.thumb.jpg.eb38e658b752da7c3c220

This is fun.I like all the rankings as they are prestigious and significant.I think we should also consider the quality of the posts rather than just the quantity or amount.The quality of the posts and the contributions that prove to be very helpful to all members in the various sections of the forum deserve to be promoted at the discretion of the Administration.For instance it is believed that Monk San Te at Shaolin was among the few to master almost all of the chambers in a remarkable reasonable period of time and was also promoted between the years for his merit till he became Abbot and Master Of The 36th Chamber.

I think this achievement must be taken into consideration; after all we are indeed Shaolin Chamber 36 - Kung Fu Fandom.

This is fun.I like all the rankings as they are prestigious and significant.I think we should also consider the quality of the posts rather than just the quantity or amount.The quality of the posts and the contributions that prove to be very helpful to all members in the various sections of the forum deserve to be promoted at the discretion of the Administration.For instance it is believed that Monk San Te at Shaolin was among the few to master almost all of the chambers in a remarkable reasonable period of time and was also promoted between the years for his merit till he became Abbot and Master Of The 36th Chamber.

I think this achievement must be taken into consideration; after all we are indeed Shaolin Chamber 36 - Kung Fu Fandom.

You bring up a very good point about the "quality of posts", and to me, this is more related to the Reputation Level than the Ranking system. The ranking system's sole purpose, is show quantity of posts. And with the newly added 7,200 posts, where the person can name their own rank title, this is the ultimate level of achievement.

Someone's reputation level only goes up when someone "Likes" a post they've made. Which means, if someone leaves a reply in a thread with just a simple "I agree", or a "me too", most likely someone wouldn't like that posts, as it does not really present any added value to the conversation. But if someone were to leave a reply with either some added info on the subject, or their detailed thoughts on the matter, then most likely people will appreciate this type of post and click on the "Like this" button for it. So the more significant a post, the greater chance of receiving a "Like" for your content, which increases your overall reputation level.

NOW, with that said, I can completely alter the reputation levels, set numerous amount to achieve and even come up with new names to represent each one.

As of now, they are still set to default, which are:

• 0 = Neutral
  • 10 = Good
  • 20 = Excellent

That's it! There are people that have far surpassed the 20 mark. So if you want to assist me with this Kwok Choi, please PM me some suggestions for resetting all the levels, different amounts, different names, etc. We can set the levels high, so to give people a second thing to have fun with (besides rank), and try to achieve during their stay on the forum. Again, a persons reputation level will only increase if people appreciate or value the content they are presenting on the forum.

Let me know if you are interested in doing this with me @Kwok Choi

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

SMK,  I'd second doing something fun in renaming the rank number  level. 

SMK,  I'd second doing something fun in renaming the rank number  level. 

Do you mean the reputation number level?

Morgoth Bauglir

You bring up a very good point about the "quality of posts", and to me, this is more related to the Reputation Level than the Ranking system. The ranking system's sole purpose, is show quantity of posts. And with the newly added 7,200 posts, where the person can name their own rank title, this is the ultimate level of achievement.

Someone's reputation level only goes up when someone "Likes" a post they've made. Which means, if someone leaves a reply in a thread with just a simple "I agree", or a "me too", most likely someone wouldn't like that posts, as it does not really present any added value to the conversation. But if someone were to leave a reply with either some added info on the subject, or their detailed thoughts on the matter, then most likely people will appreciate this type of post and click on the "Like this" button for it. So the more significant a post, the greater chance of receiving a "Like" for your content, which increases your overall reputation level.

NOW, with that said, I can completely alter the reputation levels, set numerous amount to achieve and even come up with new names to represent each one.

As of now, they are still set to default, which are:

• 0 = Neutral
  • 10 = Good
  • 20 = Excellent

That's it! There are people that have far surpassed the 20 mark. So if you want to assist me with this Kwok Choi, please PM me some suggestions for resetting all the levels, different amounts, different names, etc. We can set the levels high, so to give people a second thing to have fun with (besides rank), and try to achieve during their stay on the forum. Again, a persons reputation level will only increase if people appreciate or value the content they are presenting on the forum.

Let me know if you are interested in doing this with me @Kwok Choi

I don't get this.  I enjoy reading 99% of the posts on this forum and I respond to as many posts as I can, but I shouldn't have to press a button to like something.  Are there any forum members here who read a lot of posts but don't like what they are reading?  It just seems weird to me.  

I don't get this.  I enjoy reading 99% of the posts on this forum and I respond to as many posts as I can, but I shouldn't have to press a button to like something.  Are there any forum members here who read a lot of posts but don't like what they are reading?  It just seems weird to me.  

Pressing a Like button is completely optional. You do not have to use this feature at all. Replying to someone's post is much better than just "liking" it. You are doing just fine. :bs_martialgreeting:

Morgoth Bauglir

Ok good to know.  My feeling is that I should press the like button for every post, or don't press it at all.  So I've had to choose the latter.   

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

One post away from being honored with Mr. He's true identity (although I did quite like the brutal boxer from shaolin.. that sounds so metal!) :tongueout

Here's a suggestion, when you first made those rankings the 36 forum was a smaller community, now that KFC has combined and people are walking in with a lot more posts maybe kick the numbers up a notch, maybe double them? Or add some between MAster of the 36th Chamber, even though it blows the 36 rankings.

I have to say, even though I've used it, the like option is a little to "facebookish" to me.

In the words of Tim Heidecker "Who's going to win, who's going to lose?"  'On Cinema' is so great lol.

Archived