The SHINOBI Series...

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

OK JFYI DeepDiscountDVD.com has this series as a Box set for $20.00 I for one really enjoyed this series and I paid atleast $15.00 per DVD so this is a Great deal for this Box set.

Martial arts star Kenji Tanigaki (THE PRINCESS BLADE, MORTAL KOMBAT 2) makes his directorial debut with the Japanese live-action ninja series SHINOBI. Exploring issues of social rank, the series centers on ninja student Kageru, a fiercely talented warrior whose ambitions are nonetheless limited by his lower-class background. Deciding to break with tradition and challenge society's rigid hierarchies, Kageru bands with his similarly pedigreed friend and fellow student Aoi to become outcast ninjas and wander the countryside. Fueled by high-octane swordplay sequences, the SHINOBI series is at once a hardhitting martial arts extravaganza and a sly social commentary on the strictures of tradition. This collection presents all four films in the series: THE LAW OF SHINOBI, RUNAWAY, HIDDEN TECHNIQUES, and A WAY OUT.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen one of the Shinobi no Mono series, but it was authored by a Chinese company, and the subtitles were absolutely atrocious. I've seen a boxset on Ebay with all the episodes for around 50 bucks. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I were sure about the translation.

Guest Daisho2004

bamboo, this Shinobi series is a totally different one than the "Shinobi no Mono" series it was made in 2005' I thought it was a great series myself, but a lot of people either liked it or hated it, you can rent it online from Netflix in case you want to preview it 1st. but for $20.00 you can't go wrong. I paid at least $15.00 per DVD so for the money it is a steal for the box set.

Now about the "Shinobi no Mono" series that is listed on eBay there taken from Merlin over at SamuraiDVD.com he subtitled them himself, they were copied by another buyer who is now a seller. So he scabbed off his hard work plain & simple. But his Sub-T'S are Great.

Guest Daisho2004

OK I had posted this a while back but I figured that I'd bring it back up for a review, now I know there were a few people who didn't really like this series I for one really did, it had a kinda Soap Opera feel to it meaning: it was made with a digital camera to cut cost expense but I think a few movies being made now are doing it this way, but the storyline and the action was great its all about the Ninjas and nothing else.

Shinobi Series Info:

The Law of Shinobi pt.1: Martial arts star Kenji Tanigaki (THE PRINCESS BLADE, MORTAL KOMBAT 2) makes his directorial debut with the Japanese action series SHINOBI. Exploring issues of social rank, this first episode introduces ninja student Kageru, a fiercely talented warrior whose ambitions are nonetheless limited by his lower-class background. Banding together with his similarly pedigreed friend and fellow student Aoi, Kageru must now decide whether to continue his acceptance of society's rigid hierarchies--or break with tradition and forge a new path to the future. Fueled by high-octane swordplay sequences, THE LAW OF SHINOBI is at once a hardhitting martial arts extravaganza and a sly social commentary on the strictures of tradition.

pt.2 -Runaway: In the second episode of the series, RUNAWAY, Kageru and Aoi abandon their training academy and become fugitives from both their former masters and a band of ruthless assassins.

pt.3- In the third episode of the series, HIDDEN TECHNIQUES, Kageru and Aoi find themselves embroiled in a regional power struggle among ninja warriors who deal in duplicity and intrigue

pt.4- In the fourth and final episode of the series, A WAY OUT, Kageru and Aoi attempt one last break with their former Shinobi masters while their nation is embroiled in a full-fledged civil war.

Guest Tosh

you know I've avoided this series, I really haven't been all that impressed with the newer Samurai/Ninja movies beyond Yoji Yamada’s films and a few other exceptions, I'll have to give the first one a rent sometime and give it a chance.

Archived