Welcome to SHAW !!

Athena

Hello everyone !

And super welcome !!

This part of the wonderful SC36 Forum I believe will be very popular and I will do my humble best to make it so... Like every were else this remarkable Studio and it's unmatched productions are featured and discussed it always triggers awe and excitement !! Its movies are among the BEST ! Its actors and directors are the most legendary ever. The story behind the studio is as mind blowing as the movies it has produced !!

There is SO MUCH to discuss about the Shaw Brothers and their productions that it will be a trilling ride.. And I know there are fans out thee with stunning knowledge and dedication ! I hope you will all grace us at the chamber with your presence, THANK YOU !!

If I have to describe SHAW movies in just a single sentence it will just be the fact that their movies

ARE QUIT SIMPLY UNMATCHED !!

Thank you, ~Athena

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Athena you have said it so well. Shaw Brothers films, the great, the good and even the so-so are each a unique experience. Their legacy I hope will be enjoyed for many years to come by people all over the world. They really should allow for "tours" to see what is left of the studio, even though most of it may be torn down, many of us would love to just stand there and stare.

:heart

I have to agree with Mars. I personally have yet to see an "unwatchable" Shaw film. There are some I'm less inclined to re-watch, but I almost always find at least some redeeming/fun aspects.

I would LOVE to be able to take a tour of the old Shaw Studio's. Next trip to Hong Kong I plan to at least make a visit there, get some pics...as close as possible :devil

Indeed, Shaw Bro.s was a one-of-a-kind studio. No one has been able to equal what they did in KF film. With a core of only about 25 people, and Buddha knows how many in support, look at the mass of great films they put out!

As long as action film is appreciated, Shaw Bro.s will be remembered as trend-setters.

Indeed, Shaw Bro.s was a one-of-a-kind studio. No one has been able to equal what they did in KF film. With a core of only about 25 people, and Buddha knows how many in support, look at the mass of great films they put out!

As long as action film is appreciated, Shaw Bro.s will be remembered as trend-setters.

Very well put. I agree with you 100% on this. :thumbsup

Not that I want anyone to leave the SC36 for long, but there is a great article about the Shaw studio posted by Teako170 at the KFCF that all Shaw fans should check out. Maybe if we asked him nicely, Teako could re post it here as well, but regardless, it is a fantastic glimpse into the Shaw Movie Town. Plus it has photo's of Fu Sheng, Ti Lung and Liu Chia Liang.

:wink

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=13657

Those are indeed beautiful scans. I love seeing those "behind the scenes", "on the set" images from Kung Fu movies, especially the SB films. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. :clappinghands

MarsHarmony

I must thank Teako170 for sharing the "Shaw Brothers Studio" article from the Fighting Stars magazine at the KFCF. With that information, I was able to buy a copy of Fighting Stars magazine, published February 1983 from ebay, and I scanned into my computer, and here show in large, easy to read sections.

shw1.jpg

shw2.jpg

shw3.jpg

shw4.jpg

shw6.jpg
shw8.jpgshw7.jpgshw10.jpgshw11.jpgshw9.jpgshw12.jpgshw13.jpg

The caption reads that Tong Gai is showing Fu Sheng how to fight, but obviously that is Ti Lung whom he is showing .shw14.jpgshw15.jpg

shw16.jpg
shw17.jpgshw18.jpgshw19.jpg
shw20.jpg
shw21.jpg
shw22.jpg

Dear ~Marla/~Mars (hehe.. :rofl ),

This is as USUAL BRILLIANT !! Thank you to ALL of you for sharing these articles ..!!!!!! :love

Xiexie,~Athena :heart

...Now YOU see the text (read ATHENA !!)...Ops & now you DON'T !!!

wow, I was looking for a topic where I could share the movie I just saw this afternoon, and I thought this old topic was worth reading as it might be the good one to post on......

well I am glad I read this one..... the scan material here is incredible, thanks a lot for posting these articles !!!! this is so rare stuff, I was really impressed..... thanks for sharing this....

Now I only wanted to post that I saw "Shaolin Intruders" this afternoon, and it was an extraordinary movie!! I really enjoyed it, the fighting scenes were great, the shaolin tests were jaw-dropping, and I loved the story..... I am still under the shock...... one of the very very good shaw brothers movie.... although as previously stated by somebody, is there any bad shaw brothers movie ??

Anyway, I highly recommend this movie to anyone

shaolin swords

i 100% agree with you shaolin indruders is a great flick with alot of action in the movie the fight scenes are amazing all in all the movies is 1 of my fav shaw brothers movie :smile

Archived