New Movies from CK

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

JFYI CK over at www.kurotokagi.com/ has some new titles out including:

BOUNTY HUNTER vol.#2

Continuing the adventures from the film series, Shikoro Ichibei is back with his cache

of unique weapons and the quickest sword in all Japan. Having worked directly for the

Shogun in the past, he now runs a school in his secret identity as an educator. Mean-

while he takes on secret missions as "The Bounty Hunter" (Shokin Kasegi). The

touches of humor during the scenes around the school disappear once Ichibei takes

on a contract. Powerful swordplay and brutal violence highlight these episodes as

Japan's greatest sword star Wakayama Tomisaburo stands tall against all odds in this

dynamic television series.

NINJA HUNT

"Ninja Gari" - 1982 - Color - Fullscreen - Extras

It's a rare occasion when a noted filmmaker like Yamauchi Tetsuya gets to re-visit a

previous film, and in this re-make of NINJA GARI, he not only does that, but has created

an even better piece. While the original from 1964 starred the great old-time actor

Konoe Jushiro, this version is perfectly cast with his son Matsukata Hiroki in the lead

as Wadakuro, one of four ronin hired to fight against the Shogunate's plot to abolish the

Gamo Clan, who are struggling to reinstate their young heir Tanemaru as their Lord.

Facing the threat of the Koga Ninja, Wadakuro shows his own cruelty while on a

personal vendetta. This is a very brutal film, with lots of realistic ninja action, violent

deaths, a dark story line and is completely without any light-hearted 'humor' elements

that Toei used to incorperate back in the golden era. And with Matsukata Hiroki's

outstanding martial skills, the swordplay is even better in this one. This is definitely one

of the best ninja movies ever made!

NEMURI KYOSHIRO 3: THE MAN OF NO TOMORROW

"Nemuri Kyoshiro 3 " - 1996 - Color - Fullscreen - Extras

In the continuing adventures of Nemuri Kyoshiro, noted film actor Tamura Masakazu

stars again as the red-haired ronin with foreign blood in his veins. The son of a foreign

missionary and a samurai's daughter. His mother died when he was a child, and he

was forced to bury her himself, praying that her soul would rest in peace. He became

an expert at swordsmanship, despite being in the shadow of isolation and

nothingness, and walks the bloody path of destruction carrying his only friend, a razor

sharp sword made by the Master, 'Peerless Masamune' to go with his unique Full

Moon Sword style. After being accused of being a government spy, he falls ill and

accepts the aid of a prostitute who nurses him back to health. As he prepares to leave

the Chief Retainer of the Akita Clan asks him to help save the clan from an evil plot.

Kyoshiro's deadly full moon cut will have to come into play against many who seek his

life!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Dragula

BCI has put out season 4 of Shadow Warriors with English subs!? Sweet, can't seem to find anything about it anywhere though.... got a link?

Guest Robert Ian Teller

man that place is straight up boot city :eek

so who's gonna rat them out for offering boots of legit titles?

Guest Daisho2004

OK I know I'm gonna hate myself for posting a reply here but as far as CK's sites goes and this is more directed at Robert Ian Teller, where do you get that his site is straight up Boot City!? Granted he has a few titles that are getting legit releases or that are out on a legit release and I would buy a legit release any day. But for the most part almost all his movies will never see a legit release period. So you need to get your story straight about bootlegs. As far as CK's Shadow Warriors those are from season #4 and I would just like to know if BCI has plans on releasing the series past season #1 and again it all depends on sales. So if BCI has plans to release season #4 I'm sure that CK won't even waste his time to Subtitle anymore of that series. But a lot of times CK has these movies already done before he or anyone else knows that its getting a legit release.

man that place is straight up boot city, so who's gonna rat them out for offering boots of legit

Guest Daisho2004

You know it is just a shame that it always comes back to this F@#king topic about Bootlegs The (3) movies that I started this posting about will most probably never see a legit release, but somehow/somewhere the haters always pop back up. To bash CK or even Merlin I don't know why I even waste my time posting or even giving reviews here when this is all you F@#king cry about, not that oh I can't wait to see that movie or how is it? You just complain all the time, when is it ever enough already. And I bet that half of you guys never even buy the movies to begin with.

Guest KevinClo
As far as CK's Shadow Warriors those are from season #4 and I would just like to know if BCI has plans on releasing the series past season #1 and again it all depends on sales.
(emphasis mine)

Isn't that the point? That they were given the option to put out further seasons? I am not hostile to fansubs or boots for that matter if there isn't any potential for these movies coming out in a legal way. Sometimes I see stuff like this I just wonder if we are all shooting ourselves in the foot in seeing further releases.

KC

Guest Dahnamics

i was actually kinda legitimately excited to see shadow warriors season 4..

where's seasons 2 and 3 tho?????

why not put those out first??

im not really tryna skip from season 1 to season 4... lol

Guest Daisho2004

Kevin good point, and atleast you can keep it at an Adult level of conversation, and Dahnamics made a good point also I didn't understand why CK put out season #4 instead of season #1 before it was even known that this series was getting a legit release. Bottom line is I support fansubbers like CK & Merlin for putting out movies that we may never see get a legit release and if they do get a legit release I would and do support BCI, AnimEigo and companies etc. its just all the BS about Bootlegs has got to stop already.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
But for the most part almost all his movies will never see a legit release period.

Legit R1 release maybe. Alot of his "remastered" movies are taken from legit R4 Japanese releases. Not hatin', just statin'.

Guest strutr74

Kevins right. What If Cliff want the option to grab the rest of the seasons and knucklehead is booting them, Doesn't that hurt getting any legit release of said product? And point blank CK is the Stiller of the Japanese world, smooth it like you want but he still is a BOOTLEGGER, bottom line, and it's against the law period!!!!! He is a criminal!!! Keep the support for criminals, You know over in Japan and China the bootleggers are run by gangsters and thugs. Whats that make you know who?

And Dash you're 90 % correct, most of us don't buy CK stuff..Why? Because alot of stuff is off tv( some of us have access), Price, To expensive for a dvdr. (Bought 100 blanks for $25 bucks). Free trade, Download ECT!!!

I always buy offical dvds, anything on my dvd list is offical( not for Trade)

The other stuff is fair game. If someone gives or swaps a copy for the price of mailing and a .50 cent blank I'm game. If Criterion wants 39.99 I'm game, same goes with Animeigo, they want 25.99 I'm game. Legit companies always will come first. Some dude who works out of his house gets jack from me, Any retard with dvdlab and a few hours can do the same thing as CK.

Guest Dahnamics

its OKAY to enjoy and support someones product while acknowledging they are a bootlegger and a criminal. some of y'all are too sensitive goin outta ur way to hold someone in high regard.

Guest strutr74

thats my whole point, they won't admit what he is, they smooth it around,

We'll he got this for us ect!!!!

I have a great post made by the man himself, be it awhile ago..Make for an interesting read..Maybe I'll post the link. Funny coming right from his own mouth..:rollin

"Well, if you're going to be a bootlegger, prepare to be bootlegged" :lol

Guest 1budz4u

GwaiLoMoFo wrote:

Legit R1 release maybe. Alot of his "remastered" movies are taken from legit R4 Japanese releases. Not hatin', just statin'.

Yes those remastered movies are taken from legitimate region 4 Japanese dvd movies. But TOEI didn't release those movies with english subtitles therefore it's still a bootleg anyway you look at it. Some of the movies on CK & Merlin's website did or had movies that NGN aired. But the difference is NGN had to pay for those movies to air on their station. Yes, I know there are those of you who don't have the option of having NGN movie station so you buy the movies from CK and Merlin.

As I've stated many times over NGN is quite aware of CK & Merlin's websites. Bootlegs will be around that's just a fact of life.

:D JFYI Season 2 of Kage No Gundan (Shadow Warriors 2) is about to end in July on Nippon Golden Network. From what I can recall I think it was JNproductions (KIKU) that aired the Kage No Gundan seasons 3 & 4 during the late 1980's.

Guest Daisho2004

Well unfortunately I don't have the NGN here in NY so yes I will buy from CK and Merlin, and also if some of those movies are from region 4 and they don't have subtitles and these Guys do there own subtitling great. Like I said there are tons of movies that we will never see here get a legit release, but I won't do anymore promo sale's for CK, Merlin, on this site I'm done with that.

Guest fabhui
Like I said there are tons of movies that we will never see here get a legit release

A lot of which is down to the likes of CK selling bootlegs of those movies, usually taken from either a broadcast of the movie on TV or from a legit DVD release of the movie in another country which he adds subs to.

Why would a company look at releasing these movies when the damage has already been done by CK and the rest of the cronies??

Now if CK was buying the rights to these movies and giving them legit releases then that would be a different story. The fact of the matter is he is taking other peoples hard work and making a profit from it.

Guest Robert Ian Teller

Yes I was jesting a bit in order to illicite a more detailed and passionate response.

Thanks for stating your case on both sides folks.

To my knowledge I counted around 30 titles on the site you mentioned above that are available legit in the United States (region 0 or 1). There might be more I'm not aware of.

To be a faIr I also saw a lot of titles that would "probably never" get a legit english subtitled release.:x

Guest KageShogun

Robert, Region 0 isn't very "legit"... Even though you sometimes see them on places like Amazon.com

I agree with what some people say, if there's a good legit version, go pay for it! I know I'm a crackhead, but I also support the fan-subbers. :)

Guest Mr Dragula
if there's a good legit version, go pay for it!

As the majority of those willing to pay a little extra to the fan-subbers to support future releases always will.

Guest Robert Ian Teller

I see what you're saying. Some legit companies don't mind region 0. But yeah if the rights are coming from a foreign company then yeah they'll most likely be region specific.

Archived