Nemuri Kyoshiro TV Movies

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Nemuri Kyoshiro #3 "The Man of No Tomorrow"

OK I got to watch this movies last night so here is my review of it.

This TV Movie had that real Soap Opera feel to it this time it was like watching a live show not like a movie, the storyline was good as was the action, but Tamura Masakazu acting was a little off to me in this one it was like he was trying to hard to get comfortable with this role, and being this was his 3rd. time portraying this character of Nemuri Kyoshiro you would feel he'd of had it down packed by now. But he was just to stale for my taste. When Raizo portrayed Nemuri you could just feel his presence in that role like it was made just for him. There was times in this movie when it looked like Tamura was just posing after he killed someone. His choreographing looked good but I don't know how well of a Swordsman he really is. I just miss that fire and intensity that Raizo brought to this series you could feel his hatred and he always tried to mind his own business in his movies where Tamura seems to care a little to much at times. But overall its a good movie and definitely worth picking up.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

pressure, I did enjoy the other (2) movies as well but they are totally different films they are not at all like Raizo's films so you really have to keep that in mind, and you'll enjoy them a lot better even though it is the same character.

He is a reply posted by Michaeltr from the Dojo regarding these films:

A Small point of interest the tv Nemuri is set about 15 years after the Raizo films they are set in the times of the 11th (Raizo )and 12th (Tamura )Shoguns ......My only gripe with the Tamura series is the whole "Son Of Black Mass "storyline is gone and replaced with a more palitable "lost mother "angle instead .And as a result Tamura's Nemuri doe's not hate christians like the Raizo one did but than again Raizo ends up defending Chritians regardless .Its not so much the hate Christians angle its the circumstances of his birth (Black Mass )the death of his mother ...being abandoned ...raized in a temple and buggered by priests (this from the books and just goes to show its not just a catholic thing budhists are guilty too )that makes him the monster he is.

Archived