Top Black and White Samurai, Ninja Films

Guest THE BASTARD

Guest THE BASTARD

Can someone offer me some assistance here. I pretty much have been sticking to the Color Japanese

films but i understand there are probably some really outstanding B/W Series and stand alone movies.

Im going to start of with Shinobi no Mono, I hear that's good so ill get those but could someone help me

here with some reccomendations? If it was really good or B+ dont hold back.

Just please do not reccomend some C- C+ Average stuff. Anything really memorable ? I liked Kuroneko,

Onibaba and 7 Samurai... What else really rocked hard. If you want you can name 10 Ninja and 10 Samurai

it's all up to you. Even one i will check out. TY

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Daisho2004

TB, The "Shinobi No Mono" was a Great series very Authentic portrayal of Ninjas. And some really good Action scenes.

Now if you want a Great Ninja movie I would recommend NINJA HUNT aka "Ninja Gari" the Old B&W version as well as the1982' remake. Great story and Great Action I posted a review of it just scroll down a little. You really have to look on the board for older post we really covered a lot of these questions. There are so many movies that are just awesome its to hard to list everytime. That's why I had posted a review of Samurai movies and there sequels to give you a little heads up on some Great movies just scroll down its right there. There are Tons of B&W movies that are out there that are just Awesome.

Guest THE BASTARD

I have it can you make anymore suggestions please, thanks Daisho I cant find the link i looked through 7

pages is it further than that. I was interested in finding the TOP B/W samurai and ninja films.

Guest Daisho2004

Which one do you have? Which movie?

I emailed Linn1 the Moderator of this site so we can make a permanent link to the top favorite Samurai, Ninja, and Yakuza movies.

OK I'll try to post a few movies for you.

Guest Daisho2004

Here are a few Great Samurai/Ninja movies:

1. Harakiri

2. Seven Samurai

3. Yojimbo

4. Three Outlaw Samurai

5. Assassination

6. Samurai Rebellion

7. Sword of the Beast

8. Hidden Fortress

9. Kill!

10. Samurai Wolf

11. Samurai Wolf #2

12. Sanjuro

13. The Betrayal- Awesome movie one of the best endings in any movie about 15 minutes of action non stop.

14. On Patrol- Ninja movie

15. Satan Sword Trilogy

16. Seventeen Ninja

17. Samurai Spy

Guest pressureworld

Throne of Blood

17 Ninja

Ninja Hunt

Sword of Doom

Samurai Rebellion

Samurai Assassin

Sword of the Beast

Three Outlaw Samurai

The Cruel Story

The Betrayal

Shura

Assassination

Shinobi no Mono

Samurai Wolf 1 & 2

13 Assassins

Harakiri

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The first two Zatoichi's are must haves as well. Wanna start on the right foot? Pick up Sword Of Doom and The Betrayal, now your talkin. May as well snag The Throne of Blood while yer at it an make it a black an white blood fest.

Above mentioned list s basically cover it. Miyamoto Musashi, probably the first samurai film with audible script, is something to see as well.

Archived