Mile 22 (2015) - Iko Uwais & Ronda Rousey

FrankBolte

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I'm glad Iko is getting these opportunities. With everything on his plate, I wonder when/if we'll ever get another MA heavy film from him again.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think we'll have to wait too long. From what I gather, he and Evans are real tight, and I don't see Uwais going the way of Tony Jaa. Maybe I'm naive, but I get kind of a Wright/Pegg/Frost vibe from those guys.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Iko Uwais is one of the best fight choreographers working in films today. Don't believe me, just about any medium whether it's comic book movies or Tv shows like Banshee or Daredevil, you can be sure as heck it was inspired because of the Raid films. Give Gareth Evans credit too!

I hate it when they do a trailer for a trailer. Just give us the damn trailer! Anyway, that micro snippet of Uwais in action looked good, nice wide shot, hope that's representative of the style as a whole. The Rundown/Welcome to the Jungle remains one of the favourite go to fun actioners so Peter Berg directing this bodes well.

And here's the FULL TRAILER: (I hate that too Sam Seed. But I love you!)...

Drunken Monk

This looks really good. Granted, it should be moved to "World Cinema" since it definitely isn't a martial arts film, but it looks like a very fun action film and it's nice to see Iko Uwais getting what looks like a few fight scenes.

OpiumKungFuCracker

It was made in 2015? Why so long to release the film? From the trailer it looks generic as any film I've seen prior then. 

10 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

It was made in 2015? Why so long to release the film? From the trailer it looks generic as any film I've seen prior then. 

It was announced in 2015 but began production late last year to early this year.

ShaOW!linDude

Good trailer. I'm eager to see this. I only saw Ronda Rousey for a second or two. Doesn't look like she gets any fight scenes, but who knows. I'm hoping she & Iko have at it a bit.

14 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Good trailer. I'm eager to see this. I only saw Ronda Rousey for a second or two. Doesn't look like she gets any fight scenes, but who knows. I'm hoping she & Iko have at it a bit.

If you cast Ronda Rousey, I would assune there's at least one fight scene for her to get her teeth into. Would be a waste otherwise surely?

DragonClaws
On 5/16/2018 at 8:38 AM, SamSeed said:

Would be a waste otherwise surely?

You would think so, but if they dont use her in a fight scene, it wouldnt be the first time as talents been wasted in a movie.

Such as Gina Carano in the first Kickboxer re-dux, they could have made her a really great villian, with the bad-ass skill's she got.

Ah, beat me to the punch, was just about to post this. This is very promising, much longer fight footage in this trailer and it's looking good! This is the last trailer I'll watch though, want to go into it as fresh as I can.

Drunken Monk

I'm really excited for this one. It looks like a solid, modern actioner. Although, it seems Ronda Rousey has a rather small roll as she's barely featured in the trailers.

Agree with everybody.  Those trailers look unexpectedly good and the movie seems to be quite intense. Decent action, too, some interesting action choreography. ( I wonder who was responsible for action coordination)

Now I'm looking forward to see that

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, D1 Ma said:

Agree with everybody.  Those trailers look unexpectedly good and the movie seems to be quite intense. Decent action, too, some interesting action choreography. ( I wonder who was responsible for action coordination)

Now I'm looking forward to see that

Ryan Watson is credited as the main Fight Choregrapher, on IMDB, but there's also a number of co-contributor's. Including one Iko Uwais, Sam Looc, and Lateef Crowder.

Thanks, DragonClaws!

Surprised to see Lateef Crowder as "utility stunts contributor"among other things. Checked Ryan Watson's filmography and to be honest, his previous work didn't impress me ( I mean, some big movies, but nothing spectacular in terms of fight choreography)

Archived