Lone Wolf and Cub Series ENGLISH DUBB?

Guest THE BASTARD

Guest THE BASTARD

Was Lone Wolf 1-6 Ever released with an english dubb or was it just some of the series.

If you know of a set 1-6 that is all english could you point it out for me. Or tell me whether

or not 1-6 has an english dubb. What's the story on that ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest houndslow

as far as i know parts 1+2 were spliced together for shogun asassin i have,nt heard of english dubs for all of them

strange

there's not dubs for all of them. As a matter of fact, there's no uncut versions dubbed. Shogun Assassin and Lupine Wolf are the two dubbed movies.

Guest Daisho2004

Shogun Assassin is an Uncut Dubbed version that was released by AnimEigo it is a combo sliced together of pts.#1&2.

Also released by AnimEigo is:

Shogun Assassin #2"Lightning Swords of Death"

I believe this is from pt.#3 I'm not sure because I haven't seen this Dubbed version so I can't tell if its sliced together with another part of one of the movies, but these (2) are the only legit releases that are Uncut & Dubbed.

what I meant was there's not complete versions of the films dubbed. The two dubbed movies are cut when compaired to the films they're taken from.

Guest THE BASTARD

Im enjoying this series immensly. I have a few Questions,

1) Whatever happened to the little boy did he ever star in other movies

2) Whatever happened to the person who played ito, anything else of his you reccomend

3) Is there anything else among the same tone as LWAC that you could reccomend.

4) How does the TV series compare, is it worth picking up i heard there are 39 discs, 3 seasons.

Guest Daisho2004

OK where do we start here you asked a lot of questions so I'll try to answer most of them for you.

1. This was post by Steve Hubbell over at the NinjaDojo:

Lone Wolf and Cub - The fate of Daigoro Child TV actor turned assemblyman gets life term

NIIGATA (Kyodo) The Niigata District Court sentenced an actor-turned local politician in the city of Shirone, Niigata Prefecture, to life in prison Tuesday for robbing and murdering a moneylender.

Kazutaka Nishikawa, the 33-year-old former member of the municipal assembly of Shirone, who gained fame as a child actor in the 1970s, was found guilty of strangling Yukio Sato, 56, in Sato's office in Joetsu, Niigata Prefecture, on Nov. 30, and stealing 5.1 million yen of the victim's money.

The court also sentenced Yuichi Kawahara, 31, a manager of a mah-jongg parlor, to 15 years in prison for abetting the slaying in conspiracy with Nishikawa.

Presiding Judge Isoo Sakaki ruled that Nishikawa and Kawahara had strangled Sato with an electric cord, dumped the victim's body in a nearby forest and then stolen the money.

Kawahara was arrested soon after the murder, but Nishikawa fled abroad and was detained in Bangkok in late December.

Nishikawa, who as a child actor played the character Daigoro in the popular TV samurai drama series "Kozure-Okami" in the 1970s, was elected to the Shirone Municipal Assembly in April 1995 and was still a member at the time of the killing. He did not seek a second term in this year's election.

Public prosecutors had asked for life imprisonment for both defendants.

During the trial, defense counsel requested leniency for Nishikawa, maintaining that he lacked normal social common sense because he was spoiled in his youth by the entertainment world.

The Japan Times: Oct. 4, 2000

© All rights reserved

----------------------------------------------------------

Smuggled gun puts ex-actor in prison

OSAKA (Kyodo) A former child actor known for his role in a popular samurai film in the 1970s was sentenced Tuesday to three years in prison for smuggling a handgun into Japan from Thailand.

The ruling handed down against 36-year-old Akihiro Tomikawa by the Tokyo District Court fell short of the prosecutors' demand by one year. He faced charges including violation of the Firearm and Sword Control Law.

Tomikawa played Daigoro, son of the leading character in the film adaptation of "Kozure Okami" ("Lone Wolf and Cub"), a samurai television series.

Tomikawa procured the gun in Thailand at the request of a woman who was a student at the Nagoya University of Arts at the time.

The woman has been given a suspended term in connection with the case.

Tomikawa obtained the handgun in Thailand in June after receiving a request from the woman via the Internet.

The two conspired to smuggle the gun and four bullets inside a computer case and send them by courier from Kansai International Airport in Osaka Prefecture to the woman's home in Nagoya on June 22, the ruling said.

As remuneration, Tomikawa received about 150, 000 yen, the ruling said. Tomikawa is a collector of military equipment.

The woman reportedly told investigators that she wanted to obtain a handgun to commit suicide.

The Japan Times: Feb. 9, 2005

© All rights reserved

usagiyojimbo.com - usagiyojimbo.fr - usagiyojimbo.pl

2. I had did a post on him a while back so I'll just post a little of it for you now.

Tomisaburo Wakayama is most probably the Greatest Swordsman who ever graced the Silver Screen. His skill with a Sword is second to none. In Zatoichi when he twirled around his sword and returned it to his scabbard while he was a One Armed Ronin that was something that was almost impossible for any Actor to do, but he did it in a blink of any eye. When you watch his movies you always see something never done before or just his skill alone with a sword or any other weapon and I know that I always end up rewinding it a few times then slow it down in amazement. I tried to find a Bio of him but it was a little hard to find, even on the net.

I would like to know what your opinion of him is, and who if any do you think was a better Swordsman.

Tomisaburo Wakayama (1929-1992) was a Japanese actor, best known for playing Ogami Itto, the disgraced, scowling, 17th century ronin in the six Kozure Okami (Lone Wolf and Cub) samurai feature movies.

Tomisaburo Wakayama was born into a family of Kabuki performers. He and his little brother Shintaro Katsu both followed in their father's footsteps until Tomisaburo got sick of it and decided it was time for a change. When he was thirteen years old, he began to study judo and became 4th Dan black belt. This made him give up theatre altogether. He spent most of his time teaching Judo until Toho decided to recruit him as a new martial arts star. Although at first reluctant because of his disillusion about Japanese theatre and acting, he eventually agreed and began to star in jidaigeki movies.

He prepared for these movies by practicing other disciplines such as Kenpo, Iaido, Kendo, or Bo-Jitsu. All this helped him for his most famous role: Ogami Itto, the Lone Wolf. After that, Tomisaburo starred in many films, performing under many different roles. It has been estimated that he has acted in between 250 to 500 films, though there isn't a clear record of them. His only roles in American movies were as a baseball coach in The Bad News Bears Go To Japan and as aYakuza boss playing opposite Michael Douglas in Ridley Scott's Black Rain.

Tomisaburo Wakayama passed away in a Kyoto hospital on April 2, 1992 of acute heart failure. The Lone Wolf died at the age of 62 before he could become any more popular in the West. However, he will always have a cult following remembering him for his most celebrated role as the wandering ronin, Lone Wolf.

3. This is the most difficult one to answer because there are so many Great Samurai movies that it wouldn't even be fair to list only a few. LW&C by far stands alone as being one of the Greatest Samurai movies series ever made. really you have to look at some of the previous post and read up on some of the other reviews to see what might interest you.

Myself I love the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series aka (Son of the Black Mass) all 12 movies. Not as much Blood&Gore as LW&C but a great series never the less.

4. Again the LW&C TV Series was awesome I did a big review on this as well just scroll down and you should find it.

Feel free to ask anything more that you want to know. I hope this helped you a little.

Guest THE BASTARD

Which one is the child who played Daigro, Kazutaka Nishikawa or Akihiro Tomikawa. That's sad to

hear of course because you think of him immedietely and that cute little kid comes to mind but he

wasnt a little kid anymore if you know what i mean. Still it's too bad i would have like to seen him

succeed Etcetera for sure. Im sure he had to have played something else besides ''The Cub'' in

the LWAC movies etcetera. As for Tomisaburo nobody knows of anything else he was in besides

Lone Wolf And Cub? He's pretty cool...

I have all 12 of the Sleepy Eyes of Death i will check them out ASAP.

Does anyone know how the TV series compares to the 6 Episode movies series,?

Hey thanks Daisho, very interesting

Guest Daisho2004

TB, scroll down a little I did a whole thread on Tomisaburo, and as far as Daigro goes both Kazutaka Nishikawa & Akihiro Tomikawa played the child Diagro and both of them went to Jail. I'm not sure if he played any other character in any other movies.

As for Tomisaburo he made a lot of movies my favorite of his next to LW&C is the "Mute Samurai" series, Great Series a must own for any fan of his Great storyline and awesome action.

Guest THE BASTARD

Well im on number #4 right now ive been watching 1 or two a day im stunned in the brilliance etc...

I really wish they would have told us what Itto is doing with all the money he gets. So far i think he

had 4 contract killings as ''assassin for hire'' and they havent explained it yet. But some of it probably

went on the machine guns on the baby cart! I like these films they are near perfect except for one or

two things. One that they would have spent more time showing the father teaching his son certain things

about life and the way of the samurai. His son seems to end up knowing and that's not the way i would prefer

it. Since when was the teacher element bad in these situations. It worked well in Kung Fu TV series etc...

And also i hope that he finally gets some chick he likes. The one that was following him in part 2 i think it was

that ran backwards... That would have been nice if it they showed her following him from afar and with interest...

after he left her standing in the woods later in the film in pink of course... and have that Build up through parts 3

or four. Have her sort of following him and have them meet in four or five. Depends.

Guest Daisho2004

The TV series really filled in a lot of the blanks to some of your questions you asked. Great series I was told that it is going to be getting a legit release, I for one can't wait to see that.

Guest natoral
Was Lone Wolf 1-6 Ever released with an english dubb or was it just some of the series.

If you know of a set 1-6 that is all english could you point it out for me. Or tell me whether

or not 1-6 has an english dubb. What's the story on that ?

Just a little update to this.

The sales for Shogun Assassin 1+2 must have been good because apparently Animeigo is gonna go ahead and dub the rest of them under the titles Shogun Assassin 3/4/5 for the remaining three films in the series.

Guest Monkey King 2000

I saw Shogun Assassin a few years ago and have always meant to pick up the film series. Which DVD am I best to get, I am not worried about the English Dub, just the best picture. I have seen there are new remastered Sword of Vengeance and one other I think by Artsmagic Ltd? Are these much better than the US Animeigo ones. Also are the UK ones good quality? I do not seem to be able to find a box set of all of them and also they seem very expensive so far!! Any advice would be really appreciated.

Guest THE BASTARD

AnimEigo, U.S. Are remastered completely. They R the original toho release of the films. Get those.

Guest fabhui

I have the Animeigo releases but if you can track down the boxset put out in Japan.

You get all six movies exactly the same as put out by Animeigo with the same subs, remastered picture etc for around $37.00 delivered!!!

Tomisaburo Wakayama starred in alot of movie beside the Lone Wolf Series but he was most famous for that here in the USA. Akihiro Tomikawa appeared with Tomisaburo again in an Episode of Wakayama's TV series the MUTE SAMURAI!

kungpowmaster

I love these films. I have the single discs of the Animego original subbed series, and I also have the English dubbed Shogun Assassin box set.

I was recently told that CDUniverse.com have the 5 dubbed Shogun Assassin films.

However, I've not checked this, so if it's turns out not be so, I apologise!!

Also (Hey, I'm on a roll!!), for people in the UK in particular, please note that as of today, Play.com have stopped stocking the LW&C Box Set at it's initial price point of 35 quid - it's now 50!

However, amazon.co.uk have it in stock for 35, with free postage (UK only).

Archived