Kiri: Shokugyo-Koroshiya Gaiden (2015) - Yumiko Shaku, Ayane, and Yasuaki Kurata

chanbara

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Yasuaki Kurata in a movie directed by Koichi Sakamoto...you don't get much more of an old school meets the new school deal than that right there! Low expectations for this one, but count me in anyway.

I would almost be up for 90 minutes of Yumiko Shaku reading the phone book. Trailers look promising, except for the digital blood splatter, which I hate. :laluot_17:

I was a fan of Yumiko Shaku for a brief moment when I was a teenager thanks to Princess Blade. Then I realized the film sucks. Haven't heard of her since then.

I'm not too convinced by the trailer. I kinda loved Sakamoto's earlier film Girl's Blood, but this looks less fun except for Shaku's cleavage and some fighting. And that horrible CGI blood... :cry:

Yeah, I was not impressed with Princess Blade neither. When I saw her in Sky High I realized... she ain't the greatest actor (alas!).

First saw her in Godzilla x MechaGodzilla, and she is a total babe in it, though! :tongue:

"CGI blood" is what I meant. It's terrible; and just lazy I think. I mean, there's a perfectly good way to show blood spray (and not all that difficult). Why anyone would decide to do it in post - when it never looks right - is beyond me. :mad:

Think I just talked myself out of looking forward to seeing this...

I'm excited! Loved GIRL'S BLOOD, liked 009-1, TIME TRAVELLERS and ULTRAMAN COSMOS enough, and Sakamoto can really do action. The CGI blood doesn't bother me, gives a nice anime touch.

ShaOW!linDude

Just saw this trailer released back in May. This might be decent. While it's not post-apocalyptic, it seems to have a Hard Revenge Milly feel to it. And I'm pretty sure I distinctly saw Kurata Yasuaki in it.

Archived