The Foreigner (2017) Jackie Chan & Pierce Brosnan

SamSeed

Omni Dragon
10 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

there's no European release date that I know of?

According to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615160/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt:
 'Croatia 6 October 2017, Sweden 6 October 2017, Estonia 13 October 2017, Turkey 13 October 2017, France 8 November 2017'      

• Like 2

DragonClaws
11 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

filmed in the UK but no release date, typical.

And its a British co-production too, the big money markets are the U.S and China though. Guess they seem them as the priority?. Even though there's always been a big fan following for Martial Arts cinema in Europe.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2017 at 1:56 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

One more thing... what's up with this last poster (above, that @DragonClaws posted)? Terrible. What the hell is the point of it? The scaffolding, etc? I think it's Bad (with a capitol B).

LOL I think that was a promotional poster to go with other Chan releases at the time, but I agree, the scaffolding just makes it look bad.

I found the other promo photos with the "scaffolding"

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/118008077022213097348/album/AF1QipNOQ7fT5CcCNMMA_ceR0ZkywjKR-IS2PBEA1Xj1/AF1QipMPOS_krF0rZfVrfNOoAkXf1gfN4kiVVMsezT8G?source=pwa#6296643212734938994

• Like 1

A new music video was just released for the theme song of The Foreigner, "Ordinary People" sung by Jackie Chan (of course) and Liu Tao. Features a lot of new footage. This music video is just reinforcing my excitement for this movie. This looks really damn good! Can't wait to see it!

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 4

On 9/3/2017 at 9:32 PM, KenHashibe said:

A new music video was just released for the theme song of The Foreigner, "Ordinary People" sung by Jackie Chan (of course) and Liu Tao. Features a lot of new footage. This music video is just reinforcing my excitement for this movie. This looks really damn good! Can't wait to see it!

Not only do I like the footage in the film, but IMO this is Jackie's best song to date. October 13 isn't coming fast enough!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Not only do I like the footage in the film, but IMO this is Jackie's best song to date. October 13 isn't coming fast enough!

Do you know if they have announced the U.K release date yet?.

If its R-Rated in the states its probably going to be a 15 here, unless th company wants a 12-A. Hope it doesnt become a victim of being cut down in the U.K, for a lower rating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Same here! I'm counting down the days until Oct 13th. And I'm totally digging this song. I've been listening to it over and over. I wonder if it'll be used in the American version.

I love the new footage in the music video. It shows much more of the action scenes and more of the dramatic scenes, which we see very little of in the trailers. I'm totally looking forward to seeing Jackie's performance in this movie.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Do you know if they have announced the U.K release date yet?.

If its R-Rated in the states its probably going to be a 15 here, unless th company wants a 12-A. Hope it doesnt become a victim of being cut down in the U.K, for a lower rating.

I don't see a UK release date yet unfortunately. I don't really know what the UK rating system is sensitive to, but according to the MPAA, the film is "rated R for violence, language and some sexual material". I imagine the film won't be cut down. Seems the filmmakers are willing to take the risk of having a higher rating. But still, I can't say for sure.

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, KenHashibe said:

I don't see a UK release date yet unfortunately

Like I said in a post that got deleted recently, the big studios only care for the larger markets such as the U.S and China. Despite Martial Arts cinema and Jackie Chan having a large U.K following over the years.

43 minutes ago, KenHashibe said:

I don't really know what the UK rating system is sensitive to, but according to the MPAA, the film is "rated R for violence, language and some sexual material". I imagine the film won't be cut down. Seems the filmmakers are willing to take the risk of having a higher rating. But still, I can't say for sure.

They should pass the film UNCUT, unless the company releasing the film here wants a lower rating here, to try and expand the revenue.

Cut or not, I'llbe taking the other half to go see this one.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:03 PM, DragonClaws said:

They should pass the film UNCUT, unless the company releasing the film here wants a lower rating here, to try and expand the revenue.

Cut or not, I'llbe taking the other half to go see this one.

I can't see this one being cut. I'm almost certain this'll get a 15, which would be perfect. I wish they'd hurry up and announce the UK release date though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I can't see this one being cut. I'm almost certain this'll get a 15, which would be perfect. I wish they'd hurry up and announce the UK release date though!

I think it won't have a UK cinema release. I think it will go straight to UK DVD/Blu-ray like Railroad Tigers and Kung Fu Yoga or Netflix like Skiptrace.  

Edited by muppetdanny

12 hours ago, muppetdanny said:

I think it won't have a UK cinema release. I think it will go straight to UK DVD/Blu-ray like Railroad Tigers and Kung Fu Yoga or Netflix like Skiptrace.  

Hopefully it will have some kind of theatrical release, Railroad Tigers and Kung Fu Yoga were Chinese productions, which rarely get a big theatrical run here in Britain.

42 minutes ago, cooksandkungfoodle said:

Anyone know of a uk release date?

cabt find anything anywhere.  

It's yet to be announced, hope it doesnt become another straight to NetFlix title.

I'd rather wait for the Blu-Ray release, than see it on a streaming service.

According to the Facebook page for The Foreigner, the final trailer for the film will drop tomorrow. I need to see this!

"The legend returns. Watch the final trailer for The Foreigner TOMORROW."

In other news, a new song has been released for the film. This one is called "You" by ZTAO. I'm personally not a huge fan of the song, but the music video does include some cool behind the scenes footage:

Edited by KenHashibe
  • Like 2

Still not looking good for a U.K cinema release?, I wonder if it's due to the recent events in London and some of themes/content of the movie?.

• Like 2