The Foreigner (2017) Jackie Chan & Pierce Brosnan

SamSeed

It seems Jackie has lined up another project, this one an action thriller about a man who takes the law into his own hands after his daughter is killed. No director has been attatched although apparently they are eying Nick Cassavettes, director of The Notebook and The Other Woman. I'll let that sink in.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a651386/jackie-chan-in-final-negotiations-to-star-in-action-thriller-the-foreigner.html#~peQIy8gM5qF19X

http://www.thewrap.com/pierce-brosnan-joins-jackie-chan-in-stx-entertainment-action-movie-exclusive/

Pierce Brosnan will be joining Jackie Chan in the film, which is now undergoing a title change, so it will no longer be called The Foreigner. Brosnan will play Liam Hennessy, an ex-IRA member turned government official. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Okay, so, the idea of JC and Martin Campbell doing a movie together is actually a pretty exciting proposition to me. But why, oh why, must he always have a partner? I mean, I know why, but that doesn't make it any less irritating.

Edited by ToryK
  • Like 3

Okay, so, the idea of JC and Martin Campbell doing a movie together is actually pretty exciting proposition to me. But why, oh why, must he always have a partner? I mean, I know why, but that doesn't make it any less irritating.

That's true...I don't see why he has to always have a partner. Well, I am now thinking of seeing if I can find the source material for the film, The Chinaman, to see how it plays out first. Only because I wonder is Bronsan's character his actual partner or just a tag-along type.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

If this is based on the book The Chinaman by Stephen Leather, I read that years ago, and it's boring as all get out. The former Vietnamese assassin/hero character didn't have any tag-a-longs. The character Brosnan is lined up for is in the book, but I don't remember him being an asset to the hero. Of course, we all know how Hollywood rewrites things. If Chan does some fu in this, it will certainly serve the film better, because the book had no hand-to-hand whatsoever.

• Like 1

Mike Leeder

they just finished reshoots on the movie, adding some more action beats i am sure the first trailer will appear soon, they teased a few moments from it in the epic multi Jackie movie trailer before Xmas

• Like 4

cooksandkungfoodle

Heard a guy on Facebook said he'd seen this already and it was shit

guess this hasn't even been shown to jackie yet

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, cooksandkungfoodle said:

Heard a guy on Facebook said he'd seen this already and it was shit

Sounds like they might be full of shit, cant see the film even having a rough cut yet if they've just finnished re-shoots.

The Chanster, while filming on location in London.

315D6F3C00000578-3454970-image-a-9_14559 

• Like 1

Mike Leeder

i saw some of the pre-viz for the fights when i was with the stunt team a few months back, and the action looks good, its a more violent darker take from Jackie with the fights.... there wil have been a rough cut shortly after shooting

I think its gonna be an interesting project, Martin Campbell giving it a gritty take on the subject matter and Chan getting to go all Liam Neeson when he is forced to become the man he used to be once more...

• Like 8

Finally! We have a trailer

And do you know what? I think it looks great. For one thing it looks like I might finally be able to see Jackie inside a cinema rather than straight to DVD again, looks like there's some nice hand to hand stuff and it's nice to see a plot that takes Jackie's age into account, I see this as Jackie's Taken.

• Like 4

Drunken Monk

This looks like the best thing Jackie has done in years. Really looking forward to this one. I hope it gets a cinema release and doesn't just end up as a VOD afterthought.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

This looks like the best thing Jackie has done in years. Really looking forward to this one. I hope it gets a cinema release and doesn't just end up as a VOD afterthought.

STX Entertainment is releasing this in theaters in the U.S. on October 13.

• Like 2

This looks great but when will the bad guys learn never start something with Jackie in a room especially when there's furniture at hand lol ????

• Like 3

DragonClaws

The trailer gets an A+ from me, hope the movie itself is just as enjoyable. This production is for all those people who had written Jackie off, really hope this one gets a U.K theatrical release.

9 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

does jackie ever sleep or chill out???

films after films..projects after projects.

Recall him saying in multiple interviews, that he's at his most happiest when making movies.

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hope it gets a cinema release and doesn't just end up as a VOD afterthought.

I feel the same, the film looks too good to go straight to VOD/DVD/BR.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

muppetdanny
23 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The trailer gets an A+ from me, hope the movie itself is just as enjoyable. This production is for all those people who had written Jackie off, really hope this one gets a U.K theatrical release.

Same goes for me. This looks like a VERY promising film.

• Like 2